2023 Fall University of Scouting
Every Scout deserves a trained leader. University of Scouting is the premier training event in the council, and is the easiest way for you to achieve this goal. This event, offered by the Middle Tennessee Council, is designed to supplement any Scouter's training and expand their toolbox.
Degrees and courses are available in Colleges related to Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA, General Studies and Youth. Adult Participants have the ability to earn a Bachelor, Masters, and Doctoral Degree.
The class catalog and schedule are located to the right of this page under “Attachments.”
Where: Holy Family Catholic Church. 9100 Crockett Rd, Brentwood, TN 37027
When: Saturday November 18, 2023
Who: Registered adult Scouters, Scouts BSA youth, and Venturers/Sea Scouts
Cost: $25 per person (includes box lunch) thru November 12, 2023
$35 per person (no box lunch) for walk-on November 18, 2023
7:30 am Registration Open / Camping Kickoff Midway Begins
8:15 am Opening Remarks
8:30 am Continued Midway and Fellowship
9:00-11:50 am Classes
12:00 pm Lunch / Midway and Camping Dept. Raffle Giveaway
1:20 - 4:10 pm Classes
4:10 pm Departure
*10 Minutes between each class to complete survey for that class and walk to next class
- Scouters must earn at least six credit hours from the courses offered in UoS. Any combination of courses from each college is acceptable.
- Scouters must be trained in their registered position (and can be part of your coursework at this event).
- Scouters must have earned a UoS Bachelor’s degree.
- Scouters must earn an additional six credit hours since earning their Bachelor’s degree.
- Doctorate candidates should complete the below application and submit it to the Chancellor no later November 12, 2023.
- Scouters (adults) must have completed a UoS Master’s degree.
- Scouters must have earned their Wood Badge beads.
- Scouters must earn an additional six credit hours since earning their Master’s degree, including at least three credits from the teaching requirement below.
- Scouters must teach University of Scouting courses totaling three credit hours since earning their Master’s degree or, with the approval of the current UoS Chancellor, serve on the UoS Staff.
Continuing Education Certificate
- Scouters must have earned a UoS Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctoral Degree and desire to continue the educational process.
- Scouters must earn an additional six credit hours.
- There is no limit to the number of Continuing Education Certificates that can be earned.
College Deans select volunteer instructors for their courses and we still have classes that need to be filled. Instructors receive credit hours for classes taught. If you have a class that you would like to teach at UoS, you can reach out to the Chancellor or Deans via their contact info listed in the catalog.
7:30 AM CT to 12:00 AM CT Past