2020 Mini Ordeals
Information for Ordeal Candidates . . .
Dear Fellow Scout:
Congratulations upon your election as a candidate for the Order of the Arrow. You can take great pride in your being selected by your fellow Scouts, but realize that you are now only a candidate for membership. A greater thrill awaits you when you become a member of the Order and are decorated with the Order of the Arrow sash. This happens when you have successfully completed the Ordeal.
Your next opportunity to participate in the Ordeal will be at one of the Mini Ordeal Session this summer.
- 19-20 June 2020 at Windsor United Methodist Church
- 26-27 June 2020 at Windsor United Methodist Church
- 10-11 July 2020 at Camp Barstow (tentatively)
- 17-18 July 2020 at Camp Barstow (tentatively)
To prepare for this event you should:
- REGISTER to attend the Ordeal here.
- PAY the $50.00 ordeal fee online.
- BRING a copy of your current BSA medical form to camp (parts A & B - no doctor signature required).
- BRING INFORMED PARENTAL CONSENT: for participation in Lodge activities during COVID-19 restrictions.
- DETERMINE how you will get to the mini Ordeal location. Plan to arrive as close to 7:00 pm as possible. Dinner is NOT provided Friday night, so eat before you arrive or bring a bag supper.
We want you to have an exciting yet safe experience in your Ordeal. Its tests are physically challenging. You will leave the comforts of home behind you. You will walk a lot and exert yourself physically on a restricted diet. If you have a permanent physical or medical problem or dietary restrictions which could limit your participation, please notify the Ordeal Chairman at email@example.com so we can make plans for your ordeal experience.
Please take your temperature before you leave your house for the Ordeal. If you have been in contact with anyone who has COVID-19 in the last 14 days, do not attend.
If you become ill just before the Ordeal, stay in bed. If you currently have any temporary physical or medical problem which could limit your participation, we strongly encourage you to wait until the problem passes. We will be happy to help you make alternative plans.
If you are unable to attend this mini-Ordeal, there will additional opportunities. Also, please keep in mind that the National Order of the Arrow, due to the COVID-19 pandemic has provided two years from your date of election to complete your Ordeal. (This applies to all candidates elected between 1 Feb 2019 and 1 July 2020.) You received a packing list by email. Please review it carefully. We look forward to your joining us in the Order of the Arrow.
Yours in Scouting,
Windsor United Methodist Church
Friday 06-19-2020 7:00 PM ET to
Saturday 06-20-2020 7:00 PM ET Past
26-27 June mini Ordeal
Windsor United Methodist Church
Friday 06-26-2020 7:00 PM ET to
Saturday 06-27-2020 7:00 PM ET Past
10-11 July mini Ordeal
Friday 07-10-2020 7:00 PM ET to
Saturday 07-11-2020 7:00 PM ET Past
17-18 July mini Ordeal
Friday 07-17-2020 7:00 PM ET to
Saturday 07-18-2020 7:00 PM ET Past
24-25 July mini Ordeal
Friday 07-24-2020 7:00 PM ET to
Saturday 07-25-2020 7:00 PM ET Past