Southern Region CAI Course Director’s Conference
The course was developed and is directed by the
BSA National Fishing Committee
Camp Barstow, Batesburg, SC
November 16-18, 2018
Help train future Certified Angling Instructors
This train the trainer style conference facilitated by the BSA National Fishing Task Force and designed to develop existing Angling Certified Instructors into a confident CAI Course Directors that will build fun and exciting fishing programs for your council. Plan to join us as together we strive to deliver the promise to youth by offering quality fishing programs.
- The Certified Angling Instructors (CAI) Directors conference is designed to increase the number of qualified BSA Certified Angling Instructors (CAI)throughout the US.
- Successful completion of this conference entitles the participant to be a CAI Course Director.
- You will be provided with a CAI Course manual that provides step-by-step instructions to create CAI courses for your council and area.
- The course highlights best practices on content delivery, in both the classroom and field.
- Receive instruction, review key methods, understand resources
- Exchange ideas with the Fishing Task Force Trainers
Who should attend?
- Course participants must already be Certified Angling Instructors and registered members of the Boy Scouts of America.
- Ideally, participants will have served on the staff of at least one CAI course to date.
Council Camping Chairman
Indian Waters Service Center
715 Betsy Dr
Columbia, South Carolina 29202
Friday 11-16-2018 6:00 PM to
Sunday 11-18-2018 3:00 PM Past