For Adults going to take classes at University of Scouting that will be held the same day at Westwood HS. Please register under University of Scouting. (HERE)
Adults not going to University of Scouting, your registration is $15.00 fee, adults will also receive a patch, refreshments, lunch.
Please make sure Scouts review and become familiar with the requirements of their badge and know what will be expected of them the day of MBU!
After 25 years, the location for MBU has changed, it will NOT be held at the University of South Carolina.
The event will be held at Westwood High School, Blythewood SC.
For the first time this year we will welcome female scouts, the program will not change but please keep the following in mind:
• Male and female scouts will be in classes together.
• Counselors will be a mix of male and female.
• Like the rest of scouting, MBU has an “Open Door Policy”, leaders and parents are welcome to attend any class, we just ask that you do not disturb the classes.
• Lunch times are different for each class, so scouts should be prepared to eat with their class and not with their unit (lunch is provided as part of the registration).
• Troops should register as a unit online and plan to have one person responsible for registration the day of the event.
• The Age and Rank Policy has been removed but it is important that leaders work with their scouts to make sure they choose a badge that is right for them.
• Once registration is closed, we cannot make any changes to your unit’s registration. This includes scouts switching classes or adding additional scouts. However, we will have a system in place the morning of MBU, where scouts can change to a different class from any open sessions and we will be able to register any scouts that did not sign up before registration closed.
Saturday 03-09-2019 9:00 AM ET to 4:00 PM ET Past
Etowah District Executive
715 Betsy Dr
Columbia, South Carolina 29202