National Youth Leadership Training 2022
National Youth Leadership Training is a week-long experience conducted by Blue Ridge Council to provide each Scout with a meaningful Scouting experience that will enhance his/her role and responsibilities as a leader.
NYLT integrates the best of modern leadership theory with the traditional strengths of the Scouting Experience. Through activities, presentations, challenges, discussions, and audiovisual support, NYLT participants engage in a unified approach to leadership that gives the skills and confidence to lead well.
In order to attend a NYLT course, a youth must have the following qualifications by the beginning of the course:
- Must be a registered member of a Scouting unit
- Must have a current BSA Health and Medical Record form parts A, B, and C.
Scouts BSA members (male and female):
- Must be at least 13
- Have completed Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops and
- Must be First Class rank before attending NYLT.
Venturers and Sea Scouts (male and female)
- Must be at least 14, or 13 and have completed eighth grade, and fall within the maximum age allowance for their program
- Must have completed Introduction to Leadership Skills for Crews or Ships
- It is recommended that they have had at least one year of camping experience.
While NYLT is not an outdoor skills course, it is important that each participant have basic camping and outdoor cooking experience.
Have a unit leader recommendation.
Fluor High Adventure Base and Leadership Center at Camp White Pines