Baloo/ OWLS Trainer Spring 2020
This one-and-a-half day course is designed as an introduction to the Cub Scout outdoor program for leaders interested in adding a camping component to their Pack activities. BALOO training consists of an online pre-requisite component in addition to an overnight hands on practical. BSA’s Cub Scout level camping policies will be taught along with the discovery of the necessary tools to help units carry our a successful camping experience. Completion of this course is mandatory for a MINIMUM OF ONE adult on a Pack overnighter.
Learn how to use the Pack Outdoor Program and the basic outdoor skills needed to lead a Webelos Den:
- Skills needed to go Pack Camping
- Safety Rules to Protect Everyone
- How to Plan and Have Fun!
- Supplement Advancement
- Planning Campfires, Cooking, Sanitation & more!
- Webelos Adventures
- Den Activities
- Knots & Ropes
- Woods Tools
- Fire Building & more
Suggested BALOO Training Gear List
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping pad or mattress
- Sturdy shoes
- Change of clothes
- Sleeping attire
- Mess kit
- Soap, washcloth, towel
- Camp chair
- Notebook, pen, pencil
- Coat jacket, cap, and gloves
- Cub Scout Six Essentials
- Youth Protection
- The online component must be completed prior to the practical component. The online training contains introductory and basic information that will be built upon during the practical training.
Online Baloo training Courses:
- BALOO Introduction
- Introduction to Cub Scout Outdoor Program
- Benefits of the Outdoor Program
- Planning Your Cub Scout Outdoor Event
- Program Planning for your Event
- Health and Safety Considerations
- The 12 Elements of the Cub Scout Outdoor Program
- BALOO Course Summary
To take the training online, go to My.Scouting.org and establish an account. If you do not yet have your membership number, be sure to return to My.Scouting later and sign in or create an account. This site will not work properly unless you have the latest version of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer v11.
Note: This is a new 1 & 1/2 day course format including more skills.
Dates: September 21st - 22nd
When: Arrive Saturday 21, 2019 - 8:00 am
Departure Sunday 22, 2019 - ~Noon
Where: Fluor High Adventure Base and Leadership Center at Camp White Pines
Note: Tent camping only
Questions Please Contact Lawrence Salley +1 (864) 270-5722 email@example.com
Important: A minium of 16 participants are required to hold this course:
Fluor High Adventure Base and Leadership Center at Camp White Pines
Saturday 05-16-2020 8:00 AM ET to
Sunday 05-17-2020 12:00 PM ET Past