2023 Webelos Camporee
Come enjoy a special weekend Camporee for new Webelos and Arrow of Light Scouts! (If your Pack hasn't had its crossover yet, that means current Bears and Webelos).
We’ll be working on core requirements of the Webelos and Arrow of Light ranks. Webelos will work on Webelos Walkabout, Cast Iron Chef, and more. Arrows of Light will have a backcountry experience learning Scout skills preparing them for the exciting world of Scouts BSA.
The full experience will held at Camp Karoondinha. It will begin at 6 p.m. on Friday, April 28 and conclude by 10 a.m. on Sunday, April 30. However, Packs can choose to camp just Friday or just Saturday or simply attend all day on Saturday, all for the same price.
The campsites will open to Friday campers at 6 p.m., and Friday evening activities are on your own. Saturday arrivals may check in beginning at 8 a.m. on April 29 with the opening ceremony to follow at 8:45 a.m. Saturday lunch will be provided, and the daytime programming will conclude at 4 p.m. The cost is $13 per person, which includes Saturday lunch, a patch, and supplies for all of the activities.
Scout and Adult Required Gear:
- Scout uniform
- filled water bottle
- outdoor clothing-- we will be outdoors the entire time, rain or shine
- appropriate shoes for the hike (no Crocs, sandals, or sneakers)
- notebook and pen/pencil
- jacket and rain gear--the program goes on, rain, snow, or shine
- day pack
- tents, sleeping bags, cooking gear, and food for Packs planning to camp Friday and/or Saturday night
The Advanced Skills program for new Arrow of Light Scouts has extra gear requirements:
- fire starter – Ferro-rod, magnesium striker, or flint and steel
- rope for lashing (bailer twine is acceptable)
- pocket knife (must have previously earned Whittlin’ Chip)
Youth and adult staff are asked to register for $5 each to defray the cost of their patches and meals.
Friday 04-28-2023 6:00 PM ET to
Sunday 04-30-2023 10:00 AM ET
Coords: 40.8561196, -77.2524774
225 Thomas Dam Road
Millmont, Pennsylvania 17845
04-21-2023 11:59 PM