2022 University of Scouting
The University of Scouting is back!
Come enjoy training and fellowship from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, November 19, at the McCann School of Business and Technology at 7495 Westbranch Highway in Lewisburg Pa. Six classrooms going at the same time will ensure that there is something for everyone!
There will be a lunch break from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Pizza and water will be provided for lunch. Be green--please bring your own beverage cup with lid.
During this online registration, you'll be asked to select your classes. Some are an hour long, while a few are two hours with a break in the middle.
Registration is $10 and will cover your classes, lunch, and a limited edition patch. There is additional fees for the CPR/AED Training, requiring an online training that will cost $32.50. Registration for the University of Scouting will be $23 for the in-person portion of the CPR/ARD Training (This fee will include your lunch, patch, and admission for other classes).
The registration cost for staff is $5. Staff can register to take classes when they are not teaching. Please only register for the classes you plan to be a participant in. You do NOT need to register for the classes you are teaching.
The classes include:
- Den chief training--Cubmasters and Den leaders are encouraged to attend also. Two periods. Den chiefs should bring the Den Chief Handbook.
- Guiding Scouts from Life to Eagle
- JTE and How to use it in Unit Planning
- Orienteering Basics (bring a compass). Two periods
- Merit Badge Counselor Training
- Youth Protection Training in person. Two periods
- Guide to Scouts BSA Advancement in the Troop
- District Committee Positions and Responsabilities
- More! See our Course Catalog!
The schedule is:
- 7:30 a.m. Sign in
- 8:10 a.m. Opening
- 8:30 a.m. Period 1
- 9:30 a.m. Period 2
- 10:30 a.m. Period 3
- 11:30 a.m. Lunch
- 12:30 p.m. Period 4
- 1:30 p.m. Period 5
- 2:30 p.m. Period 6
- 3:30 p.m. Closing