2023 National Scout Jamboree
2023 National Scout Jamboree
When the first National Scout Jamboree was held in Washington, DC in 1937, Dan Beard lit the opening campfire using flint and steel. Scouts from all 48 states brought the wood that was used in the campfire. Since that time, an additional 18 National Jamborees have been held and you have an opportunity to join the 19th National Scout Jamboree at the Boy Scouts of America’s world-class facility, the Summit Bechtel Reserve in West Virginia from July 19 through 28, 2023.
National Scout Jamborees are one of Scouting's pinnacle events. Jamborees are an opportunity for more than 15,000 Scouts, Venturers, and Scouters, to come together for fellowship, high adventure, and exciting once-in-a-lifetime programs. Hawk Mountain Council is planning to host at least one Scout troop for this Jamboree of 36 youth and 4 adults. Space is limited, so reserve your spot today! The Council will continue to add additional troops and/or patrols based on demand.
- World-class zip lines
- The third-largest shooting sports venue in the world
- Large arena shows
- 2nd largest skate park in the US
- Kayaking & whitewater rafting
- Rock climbing and rappelling
- Mountain bikes, BMX, & ATVs
Scout Participant Qualifications
- MUST have a current BSA membership with a Scouts BSA troop at time of Jamboree
- MUST be at least a First Class Scout by the first day of the Jamboree (July 19, 2023)
- MUST be at least 12 years of age by the first day of the Jamboree (July 19, 2023) and has not reached their 18th birthday by the last day of the Jamboree (July 28, 2023)
- Be approved by their unit leader and local council
- Available to participate in pre-Jamboree training experiences with council contingent
- Complete a BSA Health & Medical record
- Participants are responsible for their uniforms (two complete field/class A uniforms), personal gear (e.g., mess kit and sleeping bag), and spending money
- All Troop gear such as cots, tents, stoves, troop pots/pans, tables, etc. will be provided by the Hawk Mountain Council or the Summit
Contingent Fee: $1,850
Contingent Package Includes:
- Jamboree training, team building weekend, and shakedown weekend events (includes meals and program supplies)
- National Jamboree fee (all meals included)
- Bus transportation to and from Reading, PA, and Summit Bechtel Reserve, WV (Jamboree location)
- Hawk Mountain Council Jamboree Swag Bag (T-shirts, water bottle, backpack, Jamboree unit number patches, Jamboree patch sets, Jamboree hat)
|Non-refundable deposit||$250||Due upon registration|
|2nd payment||$500||June 1, 2022|
|3rd payment||$500||October 31, 2022|
|Final payment||$600||February 1, 2023|
Monthly payment plans can be arranged upon request.
The council has already selected the adults needed to support the Jamboree Contingent. If you have questions regarding adult leaders, please contact Jim Milham at the Scout office and 610-926-3406..
For more information about the National Jamboree Staff, visit https://jamboree.scouting.org/.