Join the Boy Scouts of America, Laurel Highlands Council for a trip to Scouting's paradise, Philmont Scout Ranch in July 2021. Space is limited and first come, first serve.
Philmont's signature program is the backcountry trek. Each trek expedition provides opportunities for participants to:
- Explore the high country of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains in northeastern New Mexico.
- Experience the thrill of climbing mountains over two miles high.
- Participate in a wide array of fun activities that teach Scouting skills including Archeology, backpacking, camping, climbing, fly fishing, forestry, horsemanship, panning for gold, burro racing, shooting, Indian lore, and much more.
- Develop leadership, group dynamics, wilderness problems solving, and outdoor skills.
Crews hike Philmont's mountains, spending nights at various backcountry camps. At staffed camps, crews participate in a variety of programs presented by Philmont backcountry staff. Programs include horseback riding, burro packing, gold panning, rock climbing, rappelling, shooting spar pole climbing and interpretive programs such as home steading and a mountain man rendezvous.
Scouts and Scouters must be in top physical condition.
The approximate ALL INCLUSIVE cost including training, airfare, ground transportation, meals, pre-Philmont touring, and the Philmont expedition itself is $2500.00 per person. The fee may be increased based on airfaire and travel expenses at the time of booking.
- July 27, 2020 - $300 due
- August 31, 2020 - $300 due
- September 30, 2020 - $300 due
- October 31, 2020 - $300 due
- November 30, 2020 - $300 due
- December 31, 2020 - $300 due
- January 31, 2021 - $300 due
- February 28, 2021 - $400 due
Saturday 07-03-2021 12:00 AM ET to
Sunday 07-18-2021 11:59 PM ET