BALOO training is REQUIRED for all Pack camping activities per Guide to Safe Scouting. Your unit must have at least one trained leader in BALOO in order to attend Cub Scout resident camp.
You’ll be able to do the following after attending BALOO Training:
· Understand the camping equipment needs of an individual and a group of Cub Scouts.
· Demonstrate the proper ingredients of a successful campfire program.
· Describe applicable safety standards for fire, water, and weather considerations.
· Explain how the outdoor program runs progressively through different age levels of Scouting.
· Demonstrate knowledge of foil cooking practices.
· Understand the focus of Cub Scout level outdoor cooking.
· Describe health, safety and sanitation procedures for outdoor activities.
· Organize and lead different types of nature hikes with confidence.
· Demonstrate and supervise the lighting and operation of different styles of camp stoves and lanterns.
· Describe the advantages of using stoves over campfire style cooking.
· Have fun on a campout.
· And much MORE