COPE Instructor Training Fall
COPE Instructor Level 1 Training
November 16, 2019
Graves Scout Reservation, Broken Arrow, OK
8:00am - 5:30pm
âFee: $ 15.00 (Includes fees, training materials and handouts for sessions)
The BSA National Camping Standards require at least two COPE Instructor on site during programming, and one of those two instructors must be a Level 2 COPE Instructor; maintaining a 12:1 ratio during Low Cope and a 6:1 ratio during High COPE. This Level 1 Training will be in the classroom and COPE Course settings to cover topics in the Belay On using presentations, practical activities, and individual assessment to conform knowledge and application of key concepts. This training will only allow for participants to receive a Level 1 COPE Instructor card.
- Once registered, a link to handouts and training documents will be provided so participant can prepare for training.
- Bring own food/drink as desired to all training sessions.
- While not required, a personal helmet and harness is encouraged for use after inspection by trainers.
- You must complete Youth Protection, Weather Hazards and Climb on Safely training at myscouting.org and turn in certificates on first training date.
- You must have a current health form (part C optional) completed to turn in on first training date.