2020 Fall Camporee: Explore Marietta
This camporee is for ALL Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA and Venturers to attend for the full weekend AND an option for Cub Scouts and their families to attend for the day Saturday!
Join us in River Trails District for a council-wide fall camporee: EXPLORE MARIETTA!
October 2-4, 2020
$25 for all adult and youth participants spending the full weekend
$17 per person Cub Scout/family day program (just Saturday)
Fee includes event patch, admission to museums and boat rides, lunch and dinner Saturday (plus roller skating party for Friday night). Your unit will be on your own for breakfast meals.
Programming planned for the camporee:
- Camp within Civil War era Camp Putnam at the Washington County Fairgrounds
- Skating party (Friday night)
- Experience pioneer life at Campus Martius
- Explore the riverboat era at the Ohio River Museum
- Tour the W.P. Snyder, Jr. only remaining steam powered boat in the US
- Take a riverboat ride on the Valley Gem
- Tour Mound Cemetery and view from atop the prehistoric burial mound Conus
- Gather for an evening program at the famed Marietta Earthworks as Native Americans did years ago
Safety is our highest priority! We will be following CDC and local health department guidelines during this event. As it currently stands, we will follow our summer camp protocols which include the following:
- Units must record all participants temperatures for 7 days leading up to arrival at event. Persons with temperature of 100.4 degrees fahrenheight may not be permitted to event. Anyone with temp 100.4 and/or presenting symptoms may be sent home and anyone that rode in the vehicle with them may be sent home. Please use the following link for COVID-19 Risk assessment and 7-day Temperature Chart: https://files.constantcontact.com/cc0573c9601/93e33788-818e-449e-863c-f53084ea7eb1.pdf
- Upon arrival at event, our health officers will take everyone's temperatures, collect BSA annual health form parts A & B, and screen for COVID-19 symptoms
- All participants must wear a facial covering in accordance to CDC and local health department guidelines
- Bring single occupency tents
We appreciate your understanding as we continue to navigate through these ever changing times. We plan to have a safe and fun event for you and your Scouts to enjoy!