2021 National Scout Jamboree, PTAC Contingent
Join the Pathway to Adventure Council contingent to the 2021
National Scout Jamboree
July 20 - 31, 2021
$1,950 per participant
*Dates and fees subject to change*
Every four years, the Boy Scouts of America organizes the ultimate Scout experience, the National Jamboree! It is a National encampment that brings together over 30,000 Scouts and adult leaders from throughout the country, along with visiting Scouts from other parts of the world. It is the ultimate in Scouting experiences where you will be able to take part in mountain climbing, kayaking, rafting, shooting, SCUBA and many, many more activities, while meeting Scouts from around the world.
Join us at the 2021 National Jamboree as part of the Pathway to Adventure Council contingent! Troops will be formed from Scouts across our council to experience this once-in-a-lifetime event!
Pathway to Adventure Council will be sending at least 128 Scouts BSA to the 2021 National Scout Jamboree. This will include boys' troops, girls' troops, and a Venturing crew.
Adult volunteers will also be needed! If you're interested in being considered for a Jamboree troop Scoutmaster or Assistant Scoutmaster, click here.
DEADLINE FOR GUARANTEED REGISTRATIONS
Registering NOW will secure your spot and allow you to be grouped with others in your local troop and area. Soon, the council will begin signing contracts for transportation, lodging, and National Jamboree headcount based on the numbers we have registered at that time. That will ultimately limit the number of additional scouts who are able to register. Contingent troops will have an initial meeting in Aug/Sep 2020.
Scouts attending must be a registered Scouts BSA or Venture Scout in Pathway to Adventure Council. Scouts must be at least 12 years old and First Class rank by the time of the contingent's departure (approx July 20 2021). All Scouts must be younger than 18 for the duration of the trip and Venture Scouts must be younger than 21 for the duration of the trip.
- Be in good physical condition - A lot of physical activity and walking are required at the Jamboree.
- Be willing to be part of a group - Tasks will include setting up and tearing down the campsite, cooking, washing dishes, picking up food, and other campsite chores.
- Be able to participate in jamboree troop meetings and pre-jamboree training experiences.
- Submit a completed BSA health and medical record before the pre-jamboree training experience.
- Be approved by the Scout’s unit leader and the Council Jamboree Committee.
- Agree to Participant Statement of Understanding and Code of Conduct.
- Submit all registration fees folllowing fee payment schedule
Adult registration is restricted to leaders approved by the Jamboree Committee. Adults attending with the council's contingent must be registered in Pathway to Adventure Council, interviewed by the Jamboree committee, and be approved by the Scout Executive prior to being able to register online. A limit of 4 adults (21 and over) will be selected for each Jamboree troop that PTAC will send. Interested Scouters can apply for the Jamboree by clicking here. Only approved adult leaders will be able to register and make a deposit using a special password code.
Besides the Jamboree experience itself, there are many costs that are incurred in preparation for the event. These costs include (but may not be limited to):
- Coach bus travel to and from The Summit Bechtel Reserve in West Virginia
- Lodging and meals during travel
- Jamboree training, meetings, and other events
- Jamboree gear, including all troop/crew specific gear (flags, unit numerals, t-shirts, backpack, duffle bag, patches)
- National Jamboree event fee
- Dedicated Scouting professional and support staff to facilitate and assist in a successful Jamboree experience
The $200 deposit is non-refundable. 3% credit/debit card convenience fee is non-refundable. Expenses paid by Pathway to Adventure Council for registration, equipment, services, fees, transportation, or contracts entered into on behalf of a participant will not be refunded. If substitution for participation in the event has been secured by another participant, then a refund, less any fees/charges incurred and less a 10% administrative fee, will be made.
Tuesday 07-20-2021 7:00 PM CT to
Saturday 07-31-2021 10:00 PM CT