2023 National Jamboree MVC Contingent
Every four years, the Boy Scouts of America organizes the ultimate Scout experience, the National Jamboree! It is a National encampment that brings together over 30,000 Scouts and adult leaders from throughout the country, along with visiting Scouts from other parts of the world. It is the ultimate in Scouting experiences where you will be able to take part in mountain climbing, kayaking, rafting, shooting, SCUBA and many, many more activities, while meeting Scouts from around the world.
Join us at the 2023 National Jamboree as part of the Miami Valley Council contingent! Troops will be formed from Scouts across our council to experience this once-in-a-lifetime event!
Miami Valley Council will be sending at least 40 Scouts BSA youth to the 2023 National Scout Jamboree. This will include boys' troops and girls' troops. If you want to be a part of this exciting adventure at the BSA’s newest high adventure base, click on the "register here" link. The estimated cost per contingent member is $1,850. Fundraising opportunities may be coordinated by the Jamboree contingent to help defray the cost of participation.
Scouts attending must be a registered Scouts BSA youth in Miami Valley Council. Scouts must be at least 12 years old and First Class rank by the time of the contingent's departure (July 19, 2023). All Scouts must be younger than 18 for the duration of the trip.
- Be in good physical condition. A lot of physical activity and walking are required at the Jamboree.
- Be willing to be part of a group. Tasks will include setting up and tearing down the campsite, cooking, washing dishes, picking up food, and other campsite chores.
- Be able to participate in jamboree troop meetings and pre-jamboree training experiences.
- Submit a completed BSA health and medical record before the pre-jamboree training experience.
- Be approved by the Scout’s unit leader and the Council Jamboree Committee.
- Agree to Participant Statement of Understanding and Code of Conduct.
Wednesday 07-19-2023 12:00 AM ET to
Friday 07-28-2023 4:00 PM ET