2023 Polaris District Day Camp - Off to the Races
Polaris District 2023 Day Camp:
"Off to the Races"
Are you ready for Cub Scout Day Camp? Then have your Cub Scout grab their gear and join us for an awesome adventure!
Scouts will participate in many types of activities including archery, BB-guns, field sports, nature, arts and crafts, Scout skills, and all-around FUN!
How Do I Register My Scout?
Cub Scout Day Camp provides fun and adventure in the outdoors for packs and dens. Polaris District Day camp is a 5 day program, supported by trained volunteer leadership, at an approved site, during the day.
Day Camp youth participants are limited to registered Cub Scouts members. When selecting RANK in your registration, you should use the den that the Scout will be entering for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Tiger (entering 1st grade)
- Wolf (entering 2nd grade)
- Bear (entering 3rd grade)
- Webelos (entering the 4th grade)
- Arrow of Light (entering 5th grade)
The Early Bird cost of Cub Scout Day camp is $100. (After March 31, the cost increases to $120 per Scout) Contact your Camp Director for opportunities to volunteer and save on the cost of camp. Fees include t-shirt, activity patch and program. A $25 non-refundable deposit is required to complete your registration.
Adult volunteers are needed to serve as den leaders and as station leaders every day of the week. If you are willing to accept a volunteer role, you can attend camp for free, plus earn a discount on your scout's registration fee. Please select "adult participant" on the online registration form and then contact they day camp planning team to be assigned a volunteer role.
The Boy Scouts of America has established minimum standards for providing medical information prior to participating in various activities. Those standards are offered in one three-part medical form. Parts A and B are to be completed annually by all BSA unit members. Please make a copy of your health forms. They will not be returned at the completion of Day Camp. Please submit these forms when you arrive at Day Camp on the first day. Please do not send BSA Health Forms to the council office.
Day Camp Campership
Simon Kenton Council, Boy Scouts of America, strongly believes no youth shall be denied a program experience because of lack of funds. However, every effort must be made by applicants to “earn their own way.”
- Scholarships are available for Cub Scout Day Camp.
- Only registered youth members of the Simon Kenton Council are granted scholarships.
- Full scholarships are not awarded. Due to limited funds, up to 50% of the total fee may be awarded. Only in extreme situations will more be awarded.
- The campership application has been incorporated into the event registration for Day Camp.
- More information about camperships and how to use the parent portal is available at Camp Forms
What Should I Bring to Camp?
- Personal gear in a daypack
- Trail Lunch
- Sweater or jacket
- Swim Wear and Towel on assigned days
- Rain gear
- Refillable Water Bottle
- Bug Repellent
Should any of our activities or camps be postponed or cancelled, you will receive a full refund. If camp is postponed and your Scout is unable to attend the new date, you will receive a full refund. If you would like to cancel your registration at any time, up to thirty days prior to the start of day camp, you will receive a 50% refund. Any cancellation within 14 days of the camp start date will be at the day camp director's discretion.
Cub Scout Day Camp is a Valuable Activity for Many Reasons
- Helps packs succeed.
- Strengthens the den/pack organization for better year-round operation.
- Provides continuation of the Cub Scout program during the summer and the opportunity for units to earn the National Summertime Pack Award, Outdoor Activity Award, and to work toward qualifying for the Journey to Excellence.
- Offers character development, citizenship training, and personal fitness.
- Meets individual needs and interests by offering a meaningful and educational Scouting program.
- Helps to recruit new Scouts in the den and pack during the summer.
- Provides a method of recruiting, training and inspiring present and future Cub Scout leadership.
- Promotes fun and adventure with a purpose.
Monday 07-10-2023 8:30 AM ET to
Friday 07-14-2023 4:30 PM ET
Coords: 40.233244, -83.045339
4422 Columbus Pike Rd
Delaware, Ohio 43015
Phone: (740) 471-4505
06-26-2023 11:59 PM