Wood Badge Course 2021
Lake Erie Council Presents:
Wood Badge 2021
Firelands Scout Reservation
July 30 - August 1 & August 14-15, 2021
Wood Badge is spread across two weekends. Please make sure your schedule can allow you to participate for the full time allotted on the both dates!
Course Fee: $245 Early-bird!
Scholarships available! Apply for a scholarship.
Wood Badge is an advanced, national leadership course open only to Scouting volunteers and professionals.
Scouters from Cub Scouting, Scouts BSA, Venturing, Sea Scouts, and Explorers, and district and council Scouters all are welcome and belong here.
What do we see on course?
We do many things on course, like:
- Managing conflict
- Leading change
- Stages of team development
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Leadership for different stages
- Servant leadership
- Project planning
- And more!
These come to you in presentations, games, discussions, activities, and other methods.
Why do you want to go?
You want to participate in a Wood Badge course because of things you will learn and do. Here are some of the benefits:
- Stronger units. You will make your Scouting unit — and your sons' and daughters' units — stronger.
- What and why of Scouting. You will have a deeper understanding of what Scouting is and why we do it.
- Experience. You will learn and experience things that will stay with you in Scouting and the rest of your life.
- Fun. You will have fun and you will meet interesting people.
- Other groups. You will make your other groups, like work, church, even family, stronger.
How would you like to attend a training that takes you far beyond your Basic Leader Training? Would you like to build your skills in communication, conflict management and teaching methods? How about a leadership course that rivals many corporate level trainings?
Wood Badge is here for you. This is not a Troop leader training but is designed for Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA, and Venturing leaders. This course will help you better understand how all the Scouting programs tie together. It will provide you with many useful leadership tools to help enable our youth to have the best possible Scouting experience.
Have you heard of "The Ticket" and wondered what it is? The ticket is a group of five goals you set for yourself to do after course, to improve your unit. You learn more about this on the course.
Purpose of Wood Badge
The purpose of Wood Badge is to develop skilled leaders who can strengthen Scouting units in achieving the mission of the Boy Scouts of America.
When we accomplish the mission of Scouting, we do it in the units. Therefore, the short form of the purpose is, the purpose of Wood Badge is to strengthen units.
Although the course is different today, what Baden-Powell said in 1919 still applies:
One of the purposes of Wood Badge training is to get Scouters to think about the practice of Scouting, to meet together, to exchange experiences, and to live together in the spirit of the Scout Oath.
- Early Bird: $245 (if paid in full by June 1, 11:59pm)
- Regular: $260
- Late: $275 (if not paid in full by July 1, 11:59pm)
- $50 deposit due upon registration
- $105 payment due April 1
- Final payment due June 1