Beaver Day & Camp Staff Training 2019
Beaver Day 2019
Beaver Day is the annual day of service to Firelands Scout Reservation providing hundreds of service hours to make camp a better place for all to enjoy. This year, Beaver Day will take place on Saturday May 11th at 9:00AM in the Camp Avery Hand Dining Hall. Danny Thomas, Firelands Ranger, leads the day of service and encourages all scouts, scouters, troops, Arrowmen, and friends to attend!
- When: Saturday, May 11th @ 9:00AM
- Where: Firelands Scout Reservation, Camp Avery Hand Dining Hall (13782 Gore Orphanage Rd, Wakeman, Ohio 44889)
- Who: All Packs, Troops, Crews, Posts, and Arrowmen who want to help make camp a better place.
- Note that not all projects will be appropriate for Cub Scouts. Cubs wishing to participate should attend with their Pack and adult supervision, or with parents who are willing to assist alongside their Cub Scout in the projects.
- Trail Maintenance and Restoration
- Cleanup of Kitchens and Facilities
- Campsite Preparation
- Install Signage
- Maintenance and Landscaping of Amphitheater
- and many more!
Our goal is to have over 100 people in attendance. Lunch will be provided on Saturday. Donations are welcome to offset the cost.
Troops providing service on Saturday are welcome to tent camp free of charge on Friday night. Please contact Christine Friswold to make a reservation.
Discussion about the projects is happening on the Facebook event page. We look forward to seeing you at Beaver Day!
Camp Staff Training
May 10-12, 2019
6pm Friday through 10am Sunday
2019 FSR Camp Staff are to attend training on Friday through Sunday. We'll break for Beaver Day projects on Saturday, and then resume training in the evening. Please register as Camp Staff youth or adult so that we can arrange appropriate housing.
Please be prepared with
- Lots of energy
- Personal cabin camping gear
- Paper and writing utensil
- Skit and Song Ideas
- Program Activity ideas to share
- Two original forms of ID for I-9
- Completed BSA membership application
- Letter of Intent or Employment
- Parent Consent Form (if under 18)
- Work Permit (if under 16)
- Direct Deposit (including a blank check or completed account numbers)
- Annual Health & Medical Record (including Part C and Insurance Card)
- Proof of Youth Protection Training valid through summer 2019
- Proof of valid Weather Hazards Training
- Proof of valid Harassment Prevention Training
- Proof of valid First Aid & CPR Training (if already taken)
- Proof of EDGE Training (if already taken)
- Proof of other valid trainings as applicable to your position
Firelands Scout Reservation Director
2241 Woodland Ave
Cleveland, Ohio 44115
Phone: (216) 861-6060