Sustainability Merit Badge
Starting September 19, we will be offering the Sustainability Merit Badge. This merit badge will take 3 sessions to complete. In order to complete all the classroom work, Scouts will need to attend all these sessions.
- Saturday, September 19, 9:00 AM
- Saturday, October 3, 9:00 AM
- Saturday, October 17, 9:00 AM
Though we will cover most of the requirements of this badge, Scouts will need to do a couple of projects at home as well.
- Create a plan to conserve water usage. Do it for a month (Water A)
- Create a plan to conserve food waste. Do it for two weeks. (Food A)
Create a plan to conserve electricity. Do it for a month. (EnergyA)
Create a stuff log of the things your family purchases for two weeks (Stuff A)
Have a family meeting at the start of the badge and afterwards (req 1 and req 5a)
When they complete these requirements, they can submit them through Scoutbook.
Please bring paper and pen to this class. There's a couple things you'll need to write down/draw to complete the badge.
Saturday 09-19-2020 9:00 AM MT to
Saturday 10-17-2020 11:59 PM MT