University of Scouting
The University of Scouting is a one day supplemental training opportunity for all adults and youth (12 and above) covering General courses (applicable to all programs), courses related to Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, and Venturing programs, and courses aimed toward youth leaders in Troops and/or Crews. Whether you are new to scouting or a veteran of many years, this event provides a wide range of courses from which to choose and a fun opportunity to connect with others in the scouting community across Seneca Waterways Council.
REGISTRATION OPENS OCTOBER 15, 2018
COURSE SELECTION OPENS BY JANUARY 1, 2019
Date: Saturday, March 2, 2019
FYI ... Cancellation process - In the event of cancellation, a decision will be made at 5:00 AM Saturday with notice posted here and to our Seneca Waterways Council Facebook page. Trainers and registered participants will receive an emails. Hopefully we will not have to cancel as so many are looking forward to a day of learning, idea exchanges, fellowship and more!
Location: Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT)
- $15.00 per person by 9:00 AM January 15, 2019.
- $20.00 per person after 9:00 AM January 15, 2019 or at the event.
Online registration is CLOSED as of midnight, February 27th.
Walk Ins are allowed! Check the sidebar --> for the courses available for Walk Ins which are based on availability after pre-registrations.
Registration Link: https://scoutingevent.com/397-uofs
How to register? Click 'Enroll Now' button above.
Schedule of Events:
7:30 AM - Registration Begins
8:30 AM - Opening
9:15 AM - Courses Begin
4:30 PM - University of Scouting Ends
University of Scouting Colleges (Areas of Concentration):
- College of Cub Scouting provides a wide variety of courses from pack administration to planning for an outdoor program.
- College of Boy Scouting provides an exciting variety of troop, patrol and outdoor planning supplemental course to help manage the challenges of a great troop experience.
- College of Venturing is an interesting combination of courses for those who wish to learn more about Scouting's' senior' level program to enabling youth to either learn leadership skills applicable to advancement or for crew program planning.
- College of General Studies offers many elective courses that cut across all the program areas. Just about everything from tips, skill learning and practice to using technology can be found here to help build your confidence as a leader or scout parent.
- College of Youth Leadership offers a variety of course to help Youth Leaders/Scouts, ages 12 and up, develop their leadership, scouting skills or knowledge in a wide variety of topics.
What about Leader-Specific Training required for registered positions?
Since most BSA basic leader training courses are now offered online, they will generally not be offered at University of Scouting. (exception is Youth Protection, which will be offered). Scouters needing help with online courses will have an opportunity to use a small computer lab to take their needed online courses with experienced Scouters available to assist them as needed. Space is limited.
Where can I find the course list?
The course list is available in December as a full list of courses being offered, with descriptions and as a schedule grid to assist with registration. These documents are available for download in the link section of this main page titled: University of Scouting Catalog. When you schedule your classes when you register, you will not be able to double book your schedule.
Any other questions, please feel free to email the University of Scouting Team at UofS@SenecaWaterways.org.
Chancellor of the University of Scouting
Director of Support Services / Chief Program Officer
Camping & Program Support / Assistant to the Director of Support Services
2320 Brighton Henrietta Town Line Rd
Rochester, New York 14623