University of Scouting
The University of Scouting is a one day supplemental training opportunity for all adults and youth (12 and above) covering General courses (applicable to all programs), courses related to Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, and Venturing programs, and courses aimed toward youth leaders in Troops and/or Crews. Whether you are new to scouting or a veteran of many years, this event provides a wide range of courses from which to choose and a fun opportunity to connect with others in the scouting community across Seneca Waterways Council.
COURSE SELECTION OPENS JANUARY 9, 2020 -- Registration is live!
Please be aware of these changes to January 15,2020 PDF releases:
The Bling of Knot Awards move to 9:15 am time slot.
YPT sessions were added: AM (9:15-11:30 am) -and- PM (2:15-4:30 pm) as the latest YPT version (2018) expires THIS year so please Be Prepared.
Date: Saturday, March 7, 2020
Location: Roberts Wesleyan College
2301 Westside Drive Rochester, NY 14624
- Early Bird - $15.00 per person, if registered and paid by February 3, 2020.
- Regular Registration - $20.00 per person by February 17, 2020.
- Late Registration - $30.00 per person after February 17, 2020.
Online registration is closes February 27, 2020.
Walk Ins are allowed! Walk Ins courses are based on availability after pre-registrations. Check the sidebar --> under attachments for the Walk In Course List. Please print, fill out and bring it with you on March 7 for speedy check.
How to register? Click 'Enroll Now' button above.
Schedule of Events:
7:30 AM - Check In Begins (Registration for Walk In Begins)
8:30 AM - Opening
9:15 AM - Courses Begin
4:30 PM - University of Scouting Ends
University of Scouting Colleges (Areas of Concentration):
- College of Cub Scouting provides a wide variety of courses from pack administration to planning for an outdoor program.
- College of Scouts BSA provides an exciting variety of troop, patrol and outdoor planning supplemental course to help manage the challenges of a great troop experience.
- College of Venturing is an interesting combination of courses for those who wish to learn more about Scouting's' senior' level program to enabling youth to either learn leadership skills applicable to advancement or for crew program planning.
- College of General Studies offers many elective courses that cut across all the program areas. Just about everything from tips, skill learning and practice to using technology can be found here to help build your confidence as a leader or scout parent.
- College of Youth Leadership is for adult leaders in Troops and Crews. Course are presented by NYLT Youth Leaders on Youth-led units and Youth Leadership development.
What about Leader-Specific Training required for registered positions?
Since most BSA basic leader training courses are now offered online, they will generally not be offered at University of Scouting. Scouters needing help with online courses will have an opportunity to use a small computer lab to take their needed online courses with experienced Scouters available to assist them as needed. Space is limited.
Where can I find the course list?
The course list is available on January 9 as a full list of courses being offered, with descriptions and as a schedule grid to assist with registration. These documents are available for download in the link section of this main page titled: University of Scouting Catalog. When you schedule your classes when you register, you will not be able to double book your schedule.
Any other questions, please feel free to email the University of Scouting Team at UofS@SenecaWaterways.org.