Merit Badge Days - 2019
Merit Badge Days
are opportunities for Scouts to work on merit badges with volunteers skilled in the field of study. Most merit badge sessions are scheduled on Saturdays, with a morning and an afternoon class. The schedule is set in order for the Scout to spend the day, save some money and earn at least two badges. Please be sure to check this page regularly for updates on MB schedules.
Merit badge registration costs are:
- $15 per session
- There will be 2 session on each Saturday. A morning and a afternoon session.
- Merit Badges that are double sessions will be $25.00.
*There may be additional fees for each badge, please check the registration page for exact costs.
What to Bring:
- It is always recommended that scouts bring a copy of the Merit Badge pamphlet. However it is not required.
- Please be sure to down load the flyer, at the bottom this page, to review any pre-requisite work. All Merit Badge Requirements listed on the flyer must be completed prior to your arrival of the Merit Badge course.
Food & Lunch:
Scouts and parents will have the option have a Pizza Lunch included when they schedule both a morning session and afternoon session on the same day. Parents can pay to eat when pizza is ordered. Merit badges that are double session will have lunch included as well. Fees may be paid at the front desk. Scouts are welcome to bring their own food as well.
Merit Badge sessions fill FAST, please contact the Council Service Center Front desk, at 585-244-4210 for registrations issues or questions.
Pre-Class Requirements (Pre-reqs):
Any requirements needed to be completed before the start of each class will be listed in the Attachments section, below. You will also find them with your confirmation email, once you have registered for the merit badge class. If you would like to call to confirm please call 585-244-4210.
Parents & Scouts will be notified via email (@247scouting.org) if there will be a class cancellation or change. Reasons for cancellations could include, but not limited to, weather or low attendance. If you would like to call to confirm please call 585-244-4210.
- 28th 9 a.m. : CHEMISTRY
- 12th 9 a.m. - MUSIC
1 p.m. - PERSONAL MANAGEMENT
1 p.m. - PROGRAMMING
- 19th 9 a.m. - RADIO
1 p.m. - ENGINEERING
- 2nd 9 a.m. through 4 p.m. - LAW (double session)
9 a.m. : PHOTOGRAPHY
1 p.m. - COLLECTIONS *Note - Only Pre-req is bring your collection to the class. If your collection is too large, a photo of the will be acceptable. Coin Collecting & Stamp Collecting are not eligible for the MB requirement, because they are separate MB with the BSA.
- 16th 9 a.m. through 4 p.m. - TEXTILES (double session) *Note - Only Pre-req is bring a pen/pencil to write notes & fill out the worksheet.
9 a.m. - TRUCK TRANSPORTATION
9 a.m. - SALESMANSHIP
1 p.m. - PUBLIC HEALTH
1 p.m. - AMERICAN BUSINESS
- 21st 9 a.m. - MEDICINE
1 p.m. - INVENTING
Session #1 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
LUNCH 12:15 pm - 12:45 pm
(Only for scouts who are staying for both sessions)
Session #2 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm