Massawepie Outdoor Challenges: 7th Annual Arctic Challenge
7th Annual Massawepie Artic Challengeâ
Where: Massawepie Scout Camp- Gannett Lodge
When: January 17-20, 2020 Martin Luther King Day Weekend.
What: Stay at Massawepie and experience the Adirondacks in the winter. Stay in the heated Gannett and KeymellLodge or bring your cold weather gear and give the Voyageur lean-to a try. Guided activities will be planned for the entire weekend. Participants will have the opportunity to take part in any and all events that they are interested in.
Activities may include (depending on weather and unit selections):
- Possible activities; down-hill skiing, tubing, ice skating, broom ball. All weather dependent
- Tour of the Wild Center, the Natural History Museum of the Adirondacks
- Ice fishing
- Winter outdoor activities
- Winter hiking
Weekend fee is $100.00 per person (Scouts and Adults) by January 2, 2020 and will increase $125.00 per person as of January 3, 2020.
The fee includes:
- meals (Saturday breakfast thru Monday lunch),
- one ticket to the Wild Center,
- all other activities throughout the weekend.
- Transportation not provided.
Space is limited to 48 Scouts and 16 leaders.
Troops, Crews or Explorer Posts must sign up by January 2, 2020. Units should register online, no paper forms are accepted.
Questions regarding the program should be brought to Ben Geiger, Massawepie Ranger at 518-359-3900 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday 01-17-2020 5:00 PM ET to
Monday 01-20-2020 10:00 AM ET