Den Chief Training
Den Chief Training
Program Cost: $5.00 per scout
A Den Chief is a Boy Scout, Venturer or Sea Scout assisting a Cub Scout den. But the story is far more important than those words suggest as the Den Chief:
- Serves as a Scouting role model for the Cub Scouts in the den, as well as the entire pack;
- Promotes Scouting in general and the local troop in particular;
- Encourages the transition of Webelos Scouts into Boy Scouting;
- Holds a leadership position in the troop or crew, thus fulfilling an advancement requirement in the unit.
In addition, a trained Den Chief:
- Assists the den leader with planning and conducting den meetings;
- Understands the Cub Scouting program and the differences between Cub Scouts and other Scouting programs;
- Understands the den leader's duties and confidently helps lead portions of the den meeting program;
- Knows a variety of resources for age-appropriate activities for Cub Scouts in the den;
- Brings a repertoire of activities that Cub Scouts enjoy.
This training is designed to build on each of these ideas using a framework that will allow the new Den Chief, or perhaps the experienced Den Chief looking for new ideas, to have fun and learn the role.
- Den Chief Training is available online at my.scouting.org for FREE. Parents, with scouts under the age of 13,will need to set the account for their child.
- It is recommended to have a copy of the Den Chief Handbook for the training. Copies may be purchased at the Strong Scout Shop in the Scout Service Center.
- If you are unable to attend, requests for additional Den Chief Training can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
Burt & Chuck August Scout Service Center
Saturday 02-23-2019 10:00 AM ET to 12:00 PM ET Past
Council Program Director
2320 Brighton Henrietta Town Line Rd
Rochester, New York 14623