Scoops' Chess Challenge
When – April 18, 2020. Registration opens at 8 AM, Opening at 9 AM, Lunch at 12 PM, Closing at 4 PM
Who – All Scouting Youth and Adults are encouraged to come to camp for Scoops’ Chess Challenge.
- Cub Scouts, Scouts-BSA, Venturing Scouts, Explorers, and Sea Scouts are invited for the day and will be broken into age appropriate groupings based on attendance.
- Adults are eligible to compete in an adult league.
What - During the morning Scouts-BSA are eligible to work on the Chess Merit Badge if they do not already have it. Everyone else can either follow the Chess Merit Badge instruction or play friendly matches (Including 3 way and 4 way chess). In the afternoon a chess tournament will commence. Exact setup will depend on total registrations. The goal is to play as many games as possible. Lunch will be served and light snacks available throughout the day.
Why – See if you are the Best Chess Competitor in the Council. Every Competitor will get a free gift. Multiple Trophies and Prizes will be handed out in several age groups.
Cost – Includes a lunch and light snacks for all paid participants
- $25 per Competitor
- $10 per Adult if not competing (covers food)
- $5 Late Fee starting April 11th.
- $5 Discount if registered before April 1st .
Health Forms : All adults and Scouts must compete the BSA health forms parts A and B prior to attending Chess Challenge. You do not need to turn the form in but you must have the form with you.
Questions? – Email Matt Crance email@example.com