2023 National Jamboree
2023 NATIONAL SCOUT JAMBOREE
JOIN US FOR THE SCOUTING ADVENTURE OF A LIFETIME!
National Jamboree is 360-degrees of fun, friends and fellowship with hands-on adventure that takes you places you never thought you’d go and challenges you to try things you never thought you could.
On JULY 19 – 28, 2023, the Boy Scouts of America will host 40,000 Scouts from all over the country for the National Scout Jamboree to be held at the Summit Bechtel Reserve in West Virginia.
More than just a gathering of Scouts, the Jamboree will provide High Adventure programming, a chance to meet Scouts from around the country, and so much more. Many of you have waited years for the opportunity to attend a Jamboree, and we are excited to offer a local contingent that will help you reach this Scouting milestone. We hope that you will consider joining with us as we plan and take part in a memorable Scouting adventure!
To learn more about this awesome event, please visit the
2023 SWC Jamboree contingent website at https://swcjamboree23.org
How to Register - Both steps must be completed
- Register and Pay with Seneca Waterways Council here on this site.
- Register with National Scout Jamboree at https://jamboree.scouting.org/ Applicants must have a my.scouting.org account with their current BSA membership number linked to the account in order to access the online application.
Requirements to attend
The National Scout Jamboree is open to all who are qualified on a first-come, first-served basis. Qualifications to attend the National Scout Jamboree include:
- For Everyone
- Be approved by the unit leader and local council.
- All youth MUST have appropriate parent/guardian to complete the online parental consent.
- Participate in pre-Jamboree training experiences.
- Submit a BSA Health & Medical Record parts A, B, and C with their council within one year of attending the Jamboree. (SWC will provide specifics closer to the Jamboree.)
- Submit all registrations fees per the SWC’s payment schedule (or sooner) below.
- All participants 18 years of age and older who are registered in Venturing, Exploring, Sea Scouting, or as an adult volunteer/leader must have current BSA Youth Protection Training.
- Must live and abide by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Must abide by the Jamboree Code of Conduct.
- For Scouts BSA
- MUST have a current BSA membership with a Scouts BSA troop.
- MUST be at least a First Class Scout by the first day of the Jamboree (July 19, 2023).
- MUST be at least 12 years of age by the first day of the Jamboree (July 19, 2023) and has not reached their 18th birthday by the last day of the Jamboree (July 28, 2023).
- For Venturing
- Crew members MUST have a current BSA membership with a Venturing crew.
- Be at least 14 years old on or by July 19th, 2023, or completed the 8th grade and Has not reached their 21st birthday by the last day of the Jamboree (July 28, 2023).
- For Young Adult - The 2023 Jamboree has created a young adult program that enables 18 to 20 year old scouters to attend National Jamboree as a Participant. These participants are designated as a leader but will be able to participate as a youth. To participate as a Young Adult, one must:
- MUST have a current BSA membership.
- MUST be at least 18 years of age by the first day of the Jamboree but has not reached their 21st birthday by the last day of the Jamboree.
- MUST be housed as an adult due to chronological age, while allowed to participate in program consistent with a youth participant.
- For Adult
- MUST have a current BSA membership in a local council unit.
- All leaders regardless of assigned position MUST be at least 21 years of age by the first day of the Jamboree.
- Be approved by the local council.
- All adults MUST be current with Youth Protection Training.
- All adults must register online through the Jamboree registration system as a “Leader”. The council will designate specific leadership or chaperone positions at the time the Jamboree units are assigned.
- Participate and assist in planning the pre-Jamboree training experience with local council.
Cost and Payment schedule
The SWC National Jamboree 2023 Package has a cost of $2375 per person attending.
- A $100 non-refundable deposit per registrant is required at registration.
- Full payment must be received no later than April 15, 2023 in order for the participant to attend.
- Early bird plan: If you pay the initial $500 payment (deposit + $400) by June 15, 2022 and are paid in full by December 31, 2022, you will receive an extra UNCUT Official SWC 2023 Contingent patch set.
- The following is the payment schedule for the 2023 National Jamboree (although more may be paid in advance):
- $100 non-refundable deposit
- June 15, 2022 1st payment - $400.00
- July 15, 2022 2nd payment - $195.00
- August 15, 2022 3rd payment - $195.00
- September 15, 2022 4th payment - $195.00
- October 15, 2022 5th payment - $195.00
- November 15, 2022 6th payment - $195.00
- December 15, 2022 8th payment - $195.00
- January 15, 2023 9th payment - $195.00
- February 15, 2023 10th payment - $195.00
- March 15, 2023 11th payment - $195.00
- April 15, 2023 final payment - $195.00
The SWC Jamboree 2023 Contingent Package includes the following:
- National Jamboree Fee - includes 10 days of adventure.
- Youth leader development events.
- Contingent training weekend.
- Tents - available for purchase after the Jamboree.
- Transportation to/from the Summit Bechtel on a touring bus.
- Meals to/from the Summit Bechtel and all meals at Jamboree.
Additional Stuff We All Get (SWAG)
- 2 - SWC Jamboree 2023 patch sets
- 2 - SWC Jamboree 2023 Class B moisture wicking T-Shirts
- 1 - Jamboree 2023 hat
- 2 - SWC contingent uniform patch set
- Uniform patch set includes: contingent council patch, contingent troop unit numbers, contingent OA pocket flap and patrol patch
- NOTE: Participants must bring 2 uniform shirts; at least one with contingent uniform patches attached.
- 1 - duffle bag - for personal gear
- 1 - day pack
- 1 - water bladder
- 1 - Nameplate
- 1 - National Jamboree 2023 neckerchief
- 2 - National Jamboree 2023 event patches
- 2 - Luggage tags
Jamboree fees include everything listed above. Other out-of-pocket expenses may include (but are not limited to) additional uniforms, patches, and spending money. Also please note, the Jamboree contingent committee budgeted on the high side for transportation, but if gas prices exceed our high estimate there may be an additional cost.
Disclaimer: Our budget is based on 50 participants/adults/leaders per bus, if we are unable to fill a bus ( or a 2nd, 3rd, etc) we may need to revisit the cost and/or limit the number attendants based on deposit payment date. It is our goal to give as may youth the opportunity to participant in this amazing event.
- Before June 15, 2022 - A full refund of all payments made, minus the non-refundable deposit of $100.
- On or after June 15, 2022 - If for some reason a participant is unable to attend, a refund will be considered if the participant's spot is able to be filled with another eligible participant. Cancellations where another participant cannot be found will be handled on a case by case basis.
See you at the Summit in 2023!
Questions can be sent to the contacts listed in the "Contact" area of this page.
Wednesday 07-19-2023 12:00 AM ET to
Friday 07-28-2023 11:59 PM ET