National Youth Leadership Training - Summer 2021
The Seneca Waterways NYLT Program builds Team Work and Leadership Skills.
Advanced Leadership training for youth is one of the greatest experiences in Scouting. Learn and use life long leadership skills as a Scout.
NYLT is a Leadership and Team Development training course developed by Boy Scouts of America to enable Scouting youth to lead their Scouting organization. NYLT uses the Aims and Methods of Scouting to teach Leadership skills.
6 days is spent in a camping environment that exemplifies the “best" that Scouting can be and is the vision that Baden-Powell intended. Youth will experience a “Youth led Troop” as the program is run by youth. In 2021, there is one week-long (Sunday-Saturday) Course, and one two-weekend (Saturday-Monday each weekend) Course. The schedules and activities are the same in both Course structures.
Seneca Waterways Council operates one of the largest and most successful programs in the Northeast Region at the Walmsley Sawyer Training Center, located at Camp Cutler. Seneca Waterways Council employs the national NYLT program to deliver multiple NYLT courses each summer, allowing the participants a good selection of dates. Each course is limited to 48 participants to maintain the quality of the program. Youth attempting to register for a filled course will be put on a waiting list and asked if they can select a different course.
COVID-19 Information: (Updated: March 5, 2021): At the present time, we plan on holding NYLT courses in the Summer of 2021 based on current information from NY State Department of Health. We will follow all of the guidelines for COVID-19 as set forth by NY State Department of Health and enacted through the Seneca Waterways Council.
Register Early – Important Dates:
2021 Summer Courses:
- NYLT Pricing:
- The NYLT online registration requires a $225.00 deposit
- Early Bird NYLT Price, total fee of $385.00, must be PAID IN FULL before the Early Bird Deadline of May 28th 2021
- Standard NYLT Price, total fee of $450.00, must be paid by the Final Payment Deadline June 11th 2021
- Late Registration Price, total fee of $480.00 if not paid in full by June 11th 2021
- Financial assistance (campership) is available - https://senecawaterways.org/campership-information/â
- All NYLT Fees are non-refundable, but are transferable between current year NYLT courses
- NYLT Fee pays for
- All meals, snacks, and beverages
- An NYLT Course T-shirt
- The NYLT Course Neckerchief
- The NYLT Course Patch
- And all other course materials
- Register for NYLT
- Registration for National Youth Leadership Training is a three step process.
- First, begin the registration process by clicking on the Register button for the appropriate course which will take you through Electronic Registration, collect personal information and allow you to pay your deposit for National Youth Leadership Training.
- Secondly, the parent/guardian of the Scout attending NYLT should click on the "NYLT Participant - Parent: Packet (2021)" (under Attachments), complete the necessary forms, and return them to the appropriate 'Admin' for the course the scout is attending - contact info in the packet.
- Lastly, the Scout attending NYLT should click on the "NYLT Participant - Scout: Packet (2021)" (under Attachments), complete the necessary forms, and return them to the appropriate 'Admin' for the course they are attending - contact info in the packet.
You may continue to login to the council website and make payments toward your course participation at any time or send checks to the Scout Service Center as long as NYLT, the course number and the Scouts name are noted with the check.
Follow us on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/swnylt/ @SWNYLT Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/senecawaterwaysnylt/
J. Warren Cutler Scout Reservation
Sunday 07-18-2021 8:00 AM ET to
Saturday 07-24-2021 5:00 PM ET Past
NYLT Two-Weekend Course - Saturday 7/31 - Monday 8/2 & Saturday 8/7 - Monday 8/9
J. Warren Cutler Scout Reservation
Saturday 07-31-2021 8:00 AM ET to
Monday 08-09-2021 6:00 PM ET Past