2022 Florida Sea Base 904938 or 900938
Thank you for your interest in attending Sea Base this summer! For any questions, please feel free to contact Andrew Joiner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-765-9322 x252.
We currently have 5 openings for Sea Base which include 2 adult spots. With deadlines coming soon for airline and touring, we are looking to fill the spots ASAP! Please feel free to pass this opportunity to any eligible Scout at least 13 and completed the 8th grade or 14 years of age and adult leaders at least 21 years of age.
The contingent will fly JetBlue (yay free DirectTV in every seat) on Saturday, August 13, 2022, around dinner time, and return Sunday, August 21, 2022, just after dinner time. This will be from Newark Liberty International Airport to Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport.
After arrival, Blue Sky Adventures, a Scout-focused tour group, will provide all accommodations of ground travel, hotel stay, meals, and activities before arrival at Sea Base. This all starts with a hotel right on Ft. Lauderdale beach. The next morning, the group will enjoy a visit to the Everglades Alligator park by transportation on an airboat ride that zips right across the water and grass on the edge of Everglades National Park including an opportunity to hold a baby alligator. After a boxed lunch, the group will have an opportunity to see and feed Tarpons which are massive game fish just before arrival at Sea Base. Check out the full tour!
Let's now look at the itinerary at Sea Base!
Overview: Crews will arrive at Camp Jackson Sawyer to check-in. The first night of the adventure will be spent in air-conditioned tents.
- Day two will have crews kayaking to picturesque Bahia Honda State Park to enjoy all that the park has to offer.
- After breakfast on Day three, crews will load into Sea Base vans and travel to Key West or Stock Island to board their vessel.
- Days three, four, and five will be spent aboard a schooner sailing, fishing, and snorkeling in the beautiful waters of the Florida Keys. Crews will return to the dock in the afternoon of day five and will be picked up by Sea Base vans for transportation back to Camp Sawyer where they will spend the last two nights.
- On day six, crews will return to historic Key West. Units will be offered a variety of sites to visit onshore. Crews will also have the option to have their final dinner in Key West. Crews will return to Camp Sawyer for their final night.
- Crews will be preparing their meals during their stay at Camp Sawyer, and while aboard the sailing vessel.
- On either Day 2 or Day 6, crews will have the opportunity to do a half-day snorkel on a local charter boat, snorkeling the waters of the National Marine Sanctuary.
- After dinner each evening at Camp Jackson Sawyer, crews will have the option tonight to snorkel from shore in the lagoon, kayak near shore as the sun sets, or fish from the shore of the camp. Crews also have the evening activity option to fish from Spanish Harbor Bridge, which is within walking distance from the camp. Fishing licenses are required by the State of Florida for persons 16 years of age and older. Fishing licenses can be purchased at www.gooutdoorsflorida.com. A 3-day saltwater license is needed beginning on the second day of your adventure if crew members decide that they would like to fish during their adventure. All fishing gear will be provided for you.
- All activities are subject to inclement weather and sea conditions.
Blue Sky Adventures will pick the group up in the morning and embark on an enjoyable ride to Ft. Lauderdale airport back home to EWR.
What is included?
- Sea Base program fee
- Air Transportation
- Ground Transportation
- 1-night Hotel stay
- Airboat ride, alligator tour, and tarpon programs
- Custom Sea Base Duffel bag
- Two long-sleeve wicking t-shirts with SPF rating
- Neck gator
- Two Council Shoulder Patches
- Memories of a lifetime!
What do I need to pack?
- Water bottle with carabiner & coffee mug
- Long sleeve t-shirt with SPF rating (included)
- Wide-brimmed hat with strap
- Polarized sunglasses with strap
- Biodegradable sunscreen (No sprays please)
- Two pairs of shorts (one swim trunks and one land)
(One piece swimsuit or conservative tankini for our female participants)
- Neoprene swim socks (optional)
- Lightweight Rain Jacket
- One sleeping cover, top and bottom sheet, pillow with case
- Two towels
- Toiletry kit
- Shoes or sandals
- Mask and Snorkel
- Please note that this packing list is a recommendation and not necessarily all-inclusive. A complete list will be available during contingent meetings.
This opportunity is for both boys and girls and participants must be 14 years of age, or 13 years old and have completed eighth grade, before arrival at Sea Base
The trip will cost approximately $2,000, which is subject to final payment to cover additional transportation costs.
For adults who have an interest or other inquiries including modified payment schedules, please email email@example.com.
Please note, there are other units with open spots as well with different touring options and Sea Base programs. Once we are full or if you have a date conflict, we will gladly forward your interest to crews we are aware of with openings.
Saturday 08-13-2022 12:00 AM ET to
Sunday 08-21-2022 11:59 PM ET Past