Mid-America Council, Little Sioux Scout Ranch
Tri-State High Adventure Base (T-SHAB)
2017 Trek Season
Missouri River Canoe Trek & Loess Hills Backingpacking Trek
June 11 - 17 (Session 1)
June 18 - 24 (Session 2)
June 25 - July 1 (Session 3)
July 9 - 15 (Session 4)
July 17 - 22 (Session 5)*
July 23 - 29 (Session 6)
* Only Monday through Saturday itineraries available.
Find more info and register at www.TSHAB.org
YOUR TROOP ATTENDING CAMP CEDARS??
ASK ABOUT OUR "CEDARS OPTION" FOR YOUR SCOUTS TO EXPERIENCE T-SHAB AS PART OF THEIR SUMMER PROGRAM!
MISSOURI RIVER CANOE TREK:
2 Crews (22 people) per week
- Canoe up to 162 miles down the "Mighty MO", visiting State and National Parks along the way.
- Camp in a diverse series of settings, from primitive campsites along the river to "city camping" in Sioux City.
- See areas of the Missouri River rarely seen by travelers since the days of Lewis and Clark; stop along the way on remote islands and sandbars that have virtually never felt a human foot.
- On your expedition, you can expect great programming at some of the following stops:
- Little Sioux Scout Ranch: All Expeditions begin and end at LSSR, in the beautiful Loess Hills in Iowa. Crews will get specialized river canoe training, including water rescue and river navigation, to aid them on their journey.
- Ponca State Park: Practice archery, go swimming, participate in an available horseback ride, and more!
- Sioux City: Learn the history of the Missouri River first-hand as you explore Lewis & Clark Interpretive Center, along with other historical markers. Then visit the Long Lines Recreation Center to climb their 42-foot indoor climbing wall!
- Beck Memorial Park: This river-side camp is a great balance of "rustic" camping for the Crew, but with all the comforts of home...including a POP MACHINE! Crews will have a chance to cook a "Lewis & Clark Inspired Meal" and enjoy a night of Scout games. (Leaders will have a chance to enjoy a shower!)
- Riverfront, Omaha: Those Crews completing the entire "T-SHAB 150" will land at the historic Lewis & Clark Landing, arriving in full view of the beautiful Omaha city skyline.
LOESS HILLS BACKPACKING TREK:
2 Crews (22 people) per week
- Backpack the scenic Loess Hills, starting in the ridges and valleys of Little Sioux Scout Ranch, and eventually making your way into the rustic center of the Loess Hills State Forest.
- Carry your week’s worth of supplies on your back, and camp in a mix of isolated campsites and “staffed” program stops; test your outdoor skills, learn Indian lore, study nature, and try your hand at throwing tomahawks...among many other adventures. A backpacking experience in your own backyard!
- "Choose your own ADVENTURE" in this innovative week-long Trek. From the very first day, your Scouts' choices will shape their experience; Scouts will have their skills tested in a series of challenges, impacted by their decision making process. No two treks will EVER be alike!
Boy Scouts and Venturers interested in participating in a T-SHAB Adventure MUST be at least 14 years-of-age OR 13 and completed the 8th grade by the first day of their week. Canoe Trek participants MUST be able to pass a BSA "Swimmer" Test (on-site, no prequalifications will be accepted), and have strong canoeing skills. All High Adventure participants MUST be physically fit, meeting BSA height/weight requirements outlined in Part D of the BSA Medical Form. Scouts/Venturers who are deemed by T-SHAB staff to lack the necessary skills for river navigation will NOT be allowed on the expedition, and will NOT be refunded their fees.
See videos from our 2016 T-SHAB Treks on Facebook!
NOTE: Participants should complete BSA Consent/Medical History/Exam, Parts A, B, and C for participation in this program. Participants must also share PART D with their health care provider during the exam. Part D is available HERE.
Multiple sessions to choose fromT-SHAB - Session 1Little Sioux Scout Ranch
Sunday 06-11-2017 12:00 PM to
Saturday 06-17-2017 12:00 PM PastT-SHAB - Session 2Little Sioux Scout Ranch
Sunday 06-18-2017 12:00 PM to
Saturday 06-24-2017 12:00 PM PastT-SHAB - Session 3Little Sioux Scout Ranch
Sunday 06-25-2017 12:00 PM to
Saturday 07-01-2017 12:00 PM PastT-SHAB - Session 5Little Sioux Scout Ranch
Sunday 07-09-2017 12:00 PM to
Saturday 07-15-2017 12:00 PM PastT-SHAB - Session 6 (LDS Friendly)Little Sioux Scout Ranch
Monday 07-17-2017 12:00 PM to
Saturday 07-22-2017 12:00 PM PastT-SHAB - Session 7Little Sioux Scout Ranch
Sunday 07-23-2017 12:00 PM to
Saturday 07-29-2017 12:00 PM Past