Camp Amikaro Cub Scout Camp 2024
Welcome to Camp Amikaro!
Registration for 2024 will open on September 1, 2023 and further information including leaders guide, program details and more will be available throughout the fall and winter. We can't wait to see you next summer at Camp Amikaro!
During this 3-day, 2-night adventure, our campers will spend their days around camp participating in exciting activities and learning from our trained staff. Each night we will conclude the fun with a good ol’ fashioned campfire.
Program areas at camp will include STEM, Climbing & Games, Shooting Sports, Swimming, Fishing, Nature, and Handicraft.
Due to changes in the Cub Scout Program taking effect June 1, 2024, the Webelos Outback and Arrow of Light Adventure will no longer be offered. All youth participants will rotate to all of the traditional program areas at camp.
Check out our leaders guide for more details on specific activities in each area and the camp schedule.
Who can attend Camp Amikaro?
All Cubs (Tigers through AOL) are invited to join with their Den, Pack, or just their parent/guardian. Youth must be registered with a pack. Siblings not in Cub Scouts cannot attend Camp Amikaro. Does the weekend your pack is attending not work for you? That’s okay! You can attend any weekend session with or without the rest of your pack.
- Youth must be at least a Tiger* (entering the 1st grade for the 2024-2025 school year) and currently registered with the BSA.
- Siblings not registered in a Cub Scout pack are not able to attend Camp Amikaro.
- All leaders/ parents attending must have current Youth Protection training. Parents do not need to be currently registered with the BSA if they are only responsible for their child, but do need YPT. If a parent is providing leadership to youth other than their own, they must be fully registered with the BSA. YPT can be taken at My.Scouting.org. Certificates must be uploaded during the registration process. All adults will be required to upload their YPT certificate in order to book their registration. Training must be valid through their weekend at camp.
*Tigers must have their adult partner accompany them to Camp Amikaro. All other Scouts must follow the two-deep leadership requirements outlined in the Leader’s Guide. Absolutely no Scout may attend Camp Amikaro without adult or parent leadership.
- $125 per Scout if paid in full by March 11, 2024
- $150 per Scout if paid in full after March 11, 2024
- $100 per Den Chief (First Class Scout with Den Chief Training. Only register if your Den is attending.)
- $75 per Adult
- Free t-shirt for all youth who are registered and paid in full by May 17.
- $TBD off per Scout who sells popcorn in 2023 and/or camp cards in 2024.
- $TBD off per Scout and adult whose family contributes to the 2024 Investment in Character Campaign
- $TBD off per Adult who completes training for their primary BSA registered position
Session capacity and deadlines:
- All sessions are limited to 150 youth. Once a session has reached capacity, we are not able to add any additional participants.
- All sessions close 10 days prior to the start date of the session. No additional participants may be added after that time. Substitutions may be made 24 hours prior to the start of each session by emailing email@example.com.
What to bring to camp:
- Each attendee (youth and adult) must complete a BSA Annual Health & Medical Record (health form) parts A & B. Click here to download a copy.
- Check out the suggested packing list here.
- Unit Swim Classification Form (swim check form). Swim checks can be completed prior to camp if desired, or done during check in.
Mid-America Council Summer Camp Staff:
Our staff members are dedicated and trained youth and adults that have a passion for the program and the knowledge of our camp properties, camping skills, and program areas to help you have the best time at camp. Are you or someone you know interested in serving on camp staff at Camp Amikaro or Camp Cedars? We are currently hiring staff 14 years old and older for all program areas and positions. To find out more and apply please visit: https://mac-bsa.org/camping-outdoors/camp-staff/
Friday 06-14-2024 2:00 PM CT to
Sunday 06-16-2024 2:00 PM CT
Friday 06-21-2024 2:00 PM CT to
Sunday 06-23-2024 2:00 PM CT
Friday 06-28-2024 2:00 PM CT to
Sunday 06-30-2024 2:00 PM CT
Friday 07-12-2024 2:00 PM CT to
Sunday 07-14-2024 2:00 PM CT
Friday 07-19-2024 2:00 PM CT to
Sunday 07-21-2024 2:00 PM CT