Wilderness First Aid Training
Are you planning a “High Adventure” trip with your Troop or Crew in the next two years to one of the BSA national high Adventure bases? Is your unit planning a trip to a high adventure camp or working to secure a trip through a private contractor outfitter? Are you wanting to make sure you are prepared for a Wilderness situation? Then you are going to need this course. Sign up now. It is a mandate for high adventure and backcountry excursions. Even if you are not planning a Scouting trip to the backcountry these skills could save a life.
What: Wilderness First Aid—Standard Level Course 20 Hours
Course (Approx. 16 hours)
Skills Practice Approx. 4 hours
Where: Cornhusker Council Outdoor Education Center 600 south 120th Street Walton, NE
When: April 6, 7, 8 2018
Option A $140
- Includes: 2 course reference manuals/certification documents, course materials, and incidentals, 5 meals and option to camp on the property over the weekend.
Option B $100
- Includes: 2 course reference manuals/certification documents, course materials and incidentals ( no meals provided)
Prerequisites: Current CPR and 1st Aid Cards (Must Have Copy with Registration) "Must be within two-year window of course"
If you need current CPR and Basic First Aid cards sign up for Basic First Aid CPR/AED training at the Seven Feathers Merit Bade University Adult offerings https://scoutingevent.com/324-17613 March 3rd at the Beatrice campus of Southeast Community College.
Course participants will need also need to:
- Dress appropriately for environment and training (no revealing clothing). Be comfortable.
- Bring 1 set disposable clothing (pants & shirt) Goodwill or salvation army work well and is cheap (they will be destroyed)
- Personal Gear if Camping overnight at the OEC
- Copies or Originals of Current CPR and 1st Aid Cards
Friday 04-06-2018 7:00 PM CT to
Sunday 04-08-2018 6:00 PM CT Past