National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) 2020
National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) is an exciting, action-packed program designed to give youth the methods, skills, and experiences to become better leaders in their unit. The course centers around the concepts of what a leader must BE, what he/she must KNOW, and what he/she must DO – with a clear focus on HOW TO accomplish all this.
Who should attend?
Scouts and Venturers who currently hold a key leadership role in their home unit or the unit leader feels has the potential to hold a key leadership position in the future and are ready for the next level of training should attend NYLT once they meet all Eligibility Requirements.
2020 NYLT Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be a registered member of a Scouting or Venturing unit.
- Must have a current BSA Health and Medical Record form parts A, B, and C.
- On February 1, 2019, Scouts BSA members (male and female) must be at least 14, or 13 and have completed the eighth grade.
- Scouts must have completed Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops.
- Venturers must have completed Introduction to Leadership Skills for Crews. It is recommended that they have had at least one year of camping experience. While NYLT is not an outdoor skills course, it is important that each participant have basic camping and outdoor cooking experience.
- Have a unit leader recommendation.
What NYLT is (and is not)
NYLT is not like summer camp and is not designed for rank advancement or earning merit badges. NYLT is an intense and challenging hands-on leadership training program. It is essential that NYLT participants be physically, emotionally, and mentally prepared to handle the demands of this advanced training. To get the most benefit from this unique experience, participants must exhibit maturity, a positive attitude, proficiency in basic camping and outdoor cooking, and have the ambition to serve in leadership roles.
Monday 07-20-2020 10:00 AM CT to
Saturday 07-25-2020 12:00 PM CT Past