Fall Chop-O-Ree @ Stearns Camp (Scouts BSA)
Scouts BSA, You're Invited to the "Fall Chop-O-Ree!"
Are you hoping to earn a merit badge at Fall Chop-O-Ree? Sorry! But you can earn the rare and super cool "Paul Bunyan Woodsman" Award! We'll have shovels, axes, and other tools so that Scouts can learn how to use them safely and properly before putting their skills to use on some conservation projects at Stearns Camp.
Iron Chef Competition Youth and Adults can compete! There are no categories but there are prizes. Judging will commence during Saturday's Lunchtime. All Dishes must include Bacon!
Dutch Oven Chuck Wagon Desert - Bring your dutch ovens for Saturday Evening. Each troop will be given ingredients to make a desert. We'll bring them all together and share them at Saturday's Cracker Barrel.
When: October 4-6
Where: Stearns' Scout Camp (South Haven, MN)
Campsite: Johnson Shelter
- Boy Scouts - $25
- Webelos - $15
- Adults - $5
- Staff - $5. All Staff, youth (14+) and adult, should apply with Chuck Amundson
Other Things to Note:
- All Meals should be planned by the troop.
- The image in the link is the patch design!
- Cracker Barrel and Dutch Oven Desert Ingredients provided.
- Staff Members get a one of a kind event Neckerchief!
- Please plan skits, songs, or other talents for the Saturday Night Campfire.
- Scouts Own, Scout Led, Chapel Service on Sunday Morning after morning Flags.
- For smaller groups: 2 deep leadership is not required, as long as all other Youth Protection Policies are followed. 1 adult can drive 4-5 Scouts with parental permission and no 1 on 1 situations with any Scouts. We will all be tenting close together and we will have more than 2 deep leadership for the event.
- Webelos 2 can: earn their whittling chip, complete their Troop requirement for Arrow of Light, obstacle course, disc golf, participate in the campfire, flags, church, and cooking. They can also earn one of their pins with their den leader. Come on out! Stay one night or both!
- Specific Gear Request: please bring any axes, saws, loppers, shovels, or any other tools on the Paul Bunyan list, must be in good working condition, sharp, and safe. Please make sure your troop brings warm clothing that can get a little dirty. Work gloves and eye protection would be great too. We also need troops to bring all their dutch ovens that they can pack. Some troops don't have them and we want to make sure we all participate.