Win Win Event
Win Win Event
Saturday, May 4, 2019
Norseland Scout Camp
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Norseland Scout Camp is in need of clean up; Scouts are in need of merit badges. Working together creates a
"WIN WIN EVENT"
Join us on Saturday, May 4, 2019, from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. for a half day merit badge session and a half day clean up session. The weather will dictate which will come first; merit badges or clean up.
Merit Badges - $10 per Scout; class size limited to 30 Scouts per merit badge. Scouts will participate in the Norseland clean up project opposite the time they are in merit badge classes.
There will be three merit badges offered. For the $10 fee, Scouts can choose one merit badge to work on for half a day. Choice of merit badges will include:
- Forestry - IS FULL
- Composite Materials - IS FULL
- Citizenship in the Nation - IS FULL
- NEW - Crime Prevention - this course will be led by the Sheriff's Department. Preventing crime, which can be as simple as reducing the opportunities for crime to occur, is far less costly than apprehending and bringing legal action against those who break the law and it helps save people from the anguish of being victims. This merit badge will discuss the various to prevent crimes.
- NEW Plumbing - taught by master plumber Eddie Erickson.
- NEW First Aid - taught by Brad Zinniel
Clean Up - Adult cost is $7 (to cover lunch)
While Scouts are working on merit badges, adults will spend the day cleaning up Norseland. The lodges needs cleaning, brush needs to be cut, firewood cut, bushes trimmed, etc. Please bring gardening/landscaping tools such as loppers, small pruners, rakes, saws, shovels, wheel barrows, and anything else that may come in handy. Scouts will also be participating in clean up opposite their merit badge time.
Any troop assisting with clean up is welcome to camp at Norseland for the weekend at no additional charge. Food and leadership is the responsibility of the troop. Sites are first come first served.
On Saturday night, beginning at dark, will be the council-wide Order of the Arrow call-out. Details for this event will be announced later.
Many hands make light work - so let's have many hands at Norseland May 4th!
For more details or for questions, please contact Alex Hutchens.