Cub Scout Shooting Sports Event; Cedar Point
Cub Scout Shooting Sports
Saturday, October 2, 2021
Cedar Point Scout Camp, Fairmont
9am - Noon
$15 per Scout; Adults attend at no cost
To a young Cub Scout, one of the "Best Things Ever" is shooting a BB Gun, Arrows at a target, or learning to use a Sling Shot.
Join us Saturday, October 2, 2021 from 9am-Noon as we set up the target and teach our Cub Scouts all about BB Guns, Archery and Sling Shots. The event will be held at the Cedar Point Scout Camp located just south of Fairmont. Cost to attend this morning event is $15 per Scout. Adults attend at no cost.
All Cub Scouts are encouraged to invite a friend in grade K-5. Each friend will also need to bring their parent.
BB Guns - In our BB Gun rotation Cubs will learn
- Proper BB Gun safety
- Demonstrate their skill at target shooting
- We will work with them learning proper shooting techniques
- Cub Scouts will work towards improving their skill
- Please note Lion Cubs will practice their skills using Nerf Guns due to BSA policy
Archery - The Archery rotation will offer
- Proper Archery safety rules and whistle commands
- Learning how to apply arm guards, finger tables and quivers
- Demonstrate how to effectively shoot an arrow including how to stand, nock an arrow, griping the bow, and the aim and release of arrow
Sling Shot - Slings Shot use is new to most Cub Scouts. This rotations
- Teaches proper shooting techniques including sight alignment, breathing and follow through
- Demonstrating the proper way to shoot a sling shot
- Learn about different types of ammunitions' and targets for sling shot use.
All Scouts must have a signed Parent consent form in order to shoot.
All persons on site must complete parts A & B of a Health Form - this means youth and adult
All persons on site must complete two Covid required forms - this means youth and adult.
Face masks are optional for this event. We will be outdoors at all times.
Registration for this event is open until Wednesday, September 29, 2021
Questions please contact Liz Paul at 507-387-0293 or firstname.lastname@example.org