National Jamboree 2021
2021 National Jamboree..."Face The Challenge"
Summit Bechtel, West Virginia
2021 National Jamboree...Face the Challenge”
In July 2021, Scouts will be asked to rise to the occasion and “Face the Challenge” by joining in Scouting’s next grand adventure, the 2021 National Jamboree.
This is a gathering time for nearly 40,000 Scouts and Scouters showcasing everything that is great about Boy Scouts of America. Held every four years at the Summit Bechtel Reserve in southern West Virginia, the National Jamboree provides an amazing opportunity for participants and visitors alike to experience the best Scouting has to offer. Adventures include one of the longest zip line courses in North America, a world class skate park, ATV offerings, treetop canopy tours, rock climbing, shooting sports, all types of aquatics including white water rafting, stadium shows, and much, much more. The National Jamboree began in 1937 when 27,000 Scouts camped on the National Mall under the Washington Memorial. 2021 will be the 19th National Jamboree.
TWIN VALLEY COUNCIL DETAILS
For each National Jamboree, Twin Valley Council puts together a contingent (or troop) to represent Scouting from Southern Minnesota. Our contingents consist of Scouts from the units our council serves. Each contingent consisted of 36 youth and 4 adult leaders. The 2021 Twin Valley Council Contingent is scheduled to consist of one male troop, and depending on interest and final Jamboree contingent rules, one female troop.
The Twin Valley Council 2021 Jamboree adventure will consist of a 20-21 day trip which will include many intensive days of touring and 10 days at the National Jamboree. This will take place the last half of July 2021. Specific dates and details have not been announced by the Jamboree yet.
Besides actual Jamboree costs, there will be other costs related to this event. Twin Valley Council works very hard to keep the cost down to a minimum while still providing a once in a lifetime experience for all attendees. Some additional costs included in the council fee are:
- Bus transportation to and from the Summit in West Virginia
- Lodging fees during the tour portion of our adventure
- Meals during the tour portion of the adventure
- Jamboree training, meetings and other events
- Jamboree gear including troop/crew specific gear (flags, unit and contingent patches (including extra sets for trading), a jamboree hat, unit t-shirts, daypack, duffel bag and various other items)
- Admissions to all tour locations
The National Jamboree is open to all who are in good standing with the council and local troop/crew on a first-come first-serve basis. Qualifications to attend the National Jamboree include:
- Registered member of a Scout Troop and has completed 6th grade or will be at least 12 years old, but has not yet reached their 18th birthday, by the end of the Jamboree and is at least a First Class Scout –OR-
- Registered member of a Venture Crew
- Lives and abide by the Scout Oath and Law
- Abide by the Council’s Jamboree Code of Conduct
Each youth participant will be placed into an appropriate troop/contingent and will be put within a patrol within that troop/contingent. Each Contingent member will be expected to participate in and have the following:
- Troop meetings prior to the Jamboree
- Attend all contingent meetings
- Attend an overnight pre-jamboree training encampment
- Have completed a detailed National Jamboree Medical form and physical by a licensed physician after July 2020 but prior to July 2021
- Have fees paid in accordance with the fee schedule established by the Twin Valley Council
- Have all fees paid in full no later than March 1, 2021
PRICING AND REGISTRATION
As of July 2019, pricing for the 2021 Twin Valley Council Contingent has not yet been confirmed. The estimated Jamboree cost including the Jamboree and the touring portion is $2,500 (this is only an estimate and is subject to change after National announces the 2021 costs, and tour details are developed). The contingent fees include the National Jamboree fee, fees noted above and other costs that may arise. Out of pocket expenses may include, but not limited to, additional uniforms, patches for trading at the National Jamboree and spending money.
Youth registration will continue to be open until March 1, 2021. A required $100 deposit is needed. This deposit is refundable if you do not attend Jamboree. Currently all additional registrants are placed on a waitlist and you will be notified if an opening is available.
For more information please contact Shawn Pomeroy
Thursday 07-01-2021 12:00 AM CT to
Sunday 08-01-2021 11:59 PM CT Past
Coords: 37.9159995, -81.123012
2550 Jack Furst Dr
Glen Jean, West Virginia 25846
03-01-2021 11:59 PM