"Be Bold, Be Brave, Be Prepared"
Saturday, February 9, 2019
Cedar Point Scout Camp
$15 per Scout; $5 per Adult
Klondike is a great chance to get outdoors and enjoy the winter. This year Klondike will be hosted by the Cedar Valley District at Cedar Point Scout Camp located near Fairmont.
Check in begins Friday night between 5-8 p.m. Units are welcome to camp outdoors. Saturday the lodges will be available to rent for $75 pr night. Everyone is welcome to participate in the potluck cracker barrel Friday evening with a chance to earn bonus points. Hmm.. wonder what the points are for? If you will be participating in the cracker barrel please bring a food items to share.
For those arriving on Saturday, check in begins at 7a.m. with events happening soon after.
Events for the day include fun competitions, Klondike Sled Races, Team Skill Challenges and Double Dare Format competitions. This event is held outdoors so please dress for the weather; snow boots, snow pants, hat, gloves/mitten, etc. are a must!
Each Patrol should plan to bring the following items
Survival Rope Throw Event
- 100 feet of rope (recommend 9.5mm or 3/8" diameter) that will be used in multiple events
- 2' x 4' piece of cardboard
Bear Bag Supplies Event
- 100 feet of rope with throw bag
- Carabiners x 2
- Strong trash bag
Fire Starting & Water Boiling Event
- Bring one of the following options
- Matches - option 1
- Flint and Steel - option 2
- Magnifying glass - option 3
- Bow drill - option 4
- Cooking Pot - required
Blindfold Target Touch Event
- 6 foot pole (recommend 1/2" diameter or larger
Fishing for Snapper Event
- Nuts and washers (if using sticks or sinkers with fishing poles)
- 25' to 50' twine (if using sticks
Knife, Axe, and Saw Usage Event
First Aid and Survival Inspection Event
- Complete Patrol First Aid Kit
- Complete Personal First Aid Kit
Search and Rescue Event
Dessert Cookoff Event
- Any equipment and food you want to use to make your dessert
Panning for Gold Event
- Tarp 8' x 10'
- Slalom Sled Face Event
- Klondike Sled with tow rope
This event is open to all Scouts BSA, Venturing Crews and 5th grade AOL Webelos. Troops please be sure to reach out to the Packs to invite AOL Scouts to attend with your unit.
Cost for this event is $15 per Scout (Early Bird rate by February 6th). After this date you must register at camp and cost will be $20 per Scout. Adults are $5 each.
For questions please contact Event Coordinators Richard Birkle or Aschdon Birkle.
Saturday 02-09-2019 8:00 AM CT to 5:00 PM CT Past
810 Madison Avenue
Mankato, Minnesota 56001