Climbing Tower Shooting Sports Scavenger Hunt
Check-in for the OA Ceremonies night begins at 5:00pm on Thursday August 17 at the camp pavillion. Main check-in ends at 8:00pm. Pre-ordeal ceremonies begin at 9:15pm. If you have to arrive later because of travel distance, please email email@example.com to let us know when you plan to arrive, then check in with the health officer when you arrive. After check-in closes, the health officer can be found in the Health Lodge, which is located next to the pavillion or in Centennial Dining Hall.
Check-in for the weekend troop camping begins at 5:00pm on Friday August 18 at the main camp pavillion, and will end at 8:00pm.
Please have parts A & B of the BSA Health Form completed and signed before you arrive. We will have blanks at the check-in counter that you can fill out, but if you are under 18 and your parent or guardian is not present with you to sign it, it will cause great difficulty. You do NOT need the part that requires a doctor's signature, you only need parts A & B. You can find the form at http://www.scouting.org/filestore/HealthSafety/pdf/680-001_AB.pdf.
If you use any kind of medication please bring it in a Ziplock bag with your name written clearly on the front.
- Check-in at the main camp office
- You will be given further instructions once you’ve completed check-in
- Don’t bring too much stuff – you will be busy most of the weekend!
- The weekend usually ends around 11 AM Sunday – plan your rides accordingly.
- There is an Executive Committee meeting at 11 AM on Sunday. All OA members are welcome to attend. Attendance is required for Lodge position holders and Chapter Chiefs.
What to bring:
- If you arrive on Thursday night, you will be involved in service projects around camp. Bring work clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty or damaged
- Work gloves
- Bring your Health form (parts A&B) and medications
- Temperature appropriate sleeping bag
- Water Bottle
- Bug spray/sunscreen
- Rain gear
- Full Class A uniform (no MB sash)
- Your OA sash (unless you're an Ordeal Candidate)
- Temperature appropriate change of clothes
- Shower/Toiletry items
- Money for trading post items
- Swimsuit & towel for the waterfront
Additional information for Ordeal Candidates:
- Eat before you arrive, you will not have an opportunity to eat at camp on Friday night
- You will be involved in service projects around camp. Arrive in work clothes that are weather appropriate and that you don’t mind getting dirty or even damaged.
- You need to stay for the entire Ordeal in order to complete your membership
- If you have questions, ask another Arrowman in your Troop for advice!
PF OA Associate Lodge Adviser
Lodge Record Keeper
PFFSC Program Director
DeVos Family Center for Scouting
3213 Walker Ave NW
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49544
Multiple sessions to choose fromThursday OA Ceremonies + WeekendGerber Scout Reservation
Thursday 08-17-2017 5:00 PM to
Sunday 08-20-2017 11:00 AM PastWeekend only (All Boy Scouts welcome, sign up by troop)Gerber Scout Reservation
Friday 08-18-2017 5:00 PM to
Sunday 08-20-2017 11:00 AM Past