Camp Squanto National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) 2023
National Youth Leadership Training
National Youth Leadership Training is an exciting, action-packed program designed for councils to provide youth members with leadership skills and experience they can use in their home units and in other situations demanding leadership of self and others.
The NYLT course centers around the concepts of what a leader must BE, what a leader must KNOW, and what a leader must DO. The key elements are then taught with a clear focus on HOW TO. The skills come alive during the week as the patrol goes on a Quest for the Meaning of Leadership.
NYLT content is delivered in a troop and patrol outdoor setting with an emphasis on immediate application of learning in a fun environment. Interconnecting concepts and work processes are introduced early, built upon, and aided by the use of memory aids, which allows participants to understand and employ the leadership skills much faster.
NYLT integrates the best of modern leadership theory with the traditional strengths of the Scouting experience. Through activities, presentations, challenges, discussions, and audio-visual support, NYLT participants will be engaged in a unified approach to leadership that will give them the skill and confidence to lead well. Through a wide range of activities, games, and adventures, participants will work and play together as they put into action the best Scouting has to offer.
In order to attend a NYLT course, a youth must have the following qualifications by the beginning of the course:
- Must be a registered member of a Scouting unit.
- Must have a completed CampDoc Health record.
- Scouts BSA members (male and female) must be at least 13 and ranked a First Class Scout or higher. They must have completed Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops.
- Venturers and Sea Scouts (male and female) must be at least 14, or 13 and have completed eighth grade, and fall within the maximum age allowance for their program. They must have completed Introduction to Leadership Skills for Crews or Ships. It is recommended that they have had at least one year of camping experience. While NYLT is not an outdoor skills course, it is important that each participant have basic camping and outdoor cooking experience.
- Have a unit leader recommendation.
Squanto NYLT Course Parents Zoom meeting.
When: Jun 21, 2023 07:00 PM Eastern Time
You MUST Register in advance for this meeting: Register here
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Cost is $510 if paid in full by 3.15.23, after 3.15.23 cost is $560
Second sibling or second week receive an $85 discount
This year's theme: OUTER SPACE (planets, astronauts, stars, rockets, spaceships)
Sunday 06-25-2023 12:00 PM ET to
Friday 06-30-2023 6:15 PM ET
Coords: 41.8295364, -70.6396024
200 Cuttersfield Rd
Plymouth, Massachusetts 02360
06-16-2023 11:59 PM