Resolute CIT summer 2022
The CIT program is a training program to introduce Scouts to the role of a summer camp staff member. The training consists of a rotational assignment throughout the camp. This offers each CIT a chance to experience the daily responsibilities of each program area in camp. CIT’s will rotate through most of the program areas including aquatics, activities, handicraft, sports and shooting sports. While in each area, CIT’s assist in all program functions of that area, including assisting in merit badge classes and with afternoon activities. This experience will help each CIT gain not only teaching and leadership experience, but also self-confidence. CIT’s should plan a minimum three weeks of program rotation. Weekly evaluations will take place as well as weekly reviews with the CIT Director.
CIT Candidates must:
- Be 14 or 15 years by June 25, 2022 AND be a registered member of the Scouts BSA or Venturing program.
- Attend the Mayflower Council National Youth Leadership Training program held at Camp Resolute Aug 14- Aug.19, 2022 (unless NYLT has been previously completed)
- Attend Staff Training Week July 3 – 8, 2022 and attend all three weeks as a CIT. A week with your unit does not count as a CIT week.
- This registration fee includes NYLT registration, staff training and program rotational weeks.
- Plan your own advancement and merit badge work with the CIT Director each week. CIT’s may receive credit for ONE merit badge per week.
- All CIT’s are required to have the official BSA uniform and will be provided two CIT tee shirts to wear while in camp. Your personal conduct at camp must uphold the ideals of the Boy Scout Oath and Law.