Get Prepared For A Backpacking Adventure That Will Be The Highlight Of Your Scouting Career!
We’ll be hiking at least 50 miles along rugged, rocky trails in the mountains of New Mexico. Along the way, we will participate in programs that combine the best of the old West—horseback riding, burro packing, gold panning, chuck wagon dinners, and interpretive history—with exciting challenges for today—rock climbing, burro racing, mountain biking, and rifle shooting—in an unbeatable recipe for fast-moving, outdoor fun. It is truly a wonderful experience and something that won’t ever be forgotten.
We anticipate the all-inclusive fee to be an estimated: $2900/person. This includes crew equipment, supplies, training treks, transportation to and from New Mexico, Philmont fees, and custom T-shirts. Final price depends on airfare and other things. Partial scholarships may be available.
- All participants must be registered members of BSA.
- Youth must be at least 14 years old by July 26, 2022 (born before July 26, 2008).
- Adult advisors must be at least 21 years of age.
- All participants must be physically fit as evidenced by the Philmont Health and Medical Record Parts A, B, & C.
- Attendance is expected at all training events (one weekend/month starting in April 2022). Schedule to be announced.
Units wanting their own crew (rather than a crew comprised of Scouts from multiple troops/units) may register as a troop/unit for a full 12 person crew (9 youth plus 3 adult advisors). The unit crew lead will be responsible for all registrations.
All others should register individually.
Philmont Scout Ranch
Saturday 07-23-2022 6:30 AM ET to
Saturday 08-06-2022 11:59 PM ET