OA: NOP Constellation Brotherhood Ceremony
NOP Constellation Brotherhood Ceremony Event
On Saturday October 3rd, Chapter O will host a Brotherhood Ceremony at Red Wood Park in Apple Valley for the N, O, and P chapters (or NOP Constellation). This ceremony event is for Ordeal members that have served as an Arrowmen for a minimum of 6 months. Traditionally, the Brotherhood ceremony is offered as a feature of the Fall Induction Conclave, but were omitted to adhere to the Totanhan Nakaha Lodge's COVID-19 guidelines. In order to ensure that Arrowmen have an opportunity to further their engagement in the lodge, Chapter O will offer this Saturday-only event this year.
Saturday October 3rd
- Check-in 4:30-5PM
- Brotherhood Stairs (review of prerequisites) 5-7PM
- 7-7:30PM Brotherhood Walk
- 7:30-8:15PM Brotherhood Ceremony
- 8:30PM Pick-up/ Departure
Where:Redwood Park 311 W 150th St Apple Valley, MN 55124
Check-in will occur in the pavilion behind the swimming pool.
In order to ensure that enough staff and supplies are available for the event, each participant will need to register in advance. Registration will close Wednesday September 30th.
We are asking that participants follow the lodge's COVID-19 procedures that include wearing a facemask during the event. Per recommendations, a Northern Star Scouting Health Screening Checklist will be collected at registration along with parts A and B of the Annual Health and Medical Record form. See the attachments on this registration page for more information.
The registration cost for the event is $15 which helps cover the supply costs and recognition items for participants.
The Order of the Arrow Handbook sets forth five challenges that an Ordeal member must meet to attending the Brotherhood Ceremony:
- Memorize the signs of Order of the Arrow membership, including the Obligation, Admonition, song, sign of the Ordeal, and hand clasp.
- Advance your understanding of the Ordeal (see "Customs and Traditions of the Ordeal" in your handbook).
- Serve your unit for a minimum of 6 months since becoming an Ordeal member.
- Plan for your service in the lodge, including maintaining your program dues.
- When you feel you have met requirements, write a letter to the lodge secretary detailing your explanation of the meaning of the Obligation, how you have worked to fulfill the Obligation, and finally, how you plan to provide future service to the lodge.
To help with the letter writing portion of Brotherhood conversion, we have provided an online submission for letters to the secretary here:https://forms.gle/G9Uo7urD4oTnuArR9.