Wings of the North Air Expo Aviation Merit Badge
Date: Saturday, July 14 and Sunday, July 15 (Scouts only sign up for one of the two days)
Time: all participants should arrive by 8:00 a.m. for check-in. The class will start shortly after check-in.
Merit Badge participants: $12.00 (This includes a nice model plane, a commemorative patch, and entrance to the air show)
Adults who will accompany the merit badge class as a chaperone: $7.00
All merit badge participants must be pre-registered due to limited space.
If anyone wants general admission to the Air Expo while their son/brother takes the merit badge class, they get a discount on admission (prices below are at the discounted price):
Sibling (ages 7-12): $4.00*
Sibling (6 and under): free
*NOTE: these discounted prices must be preregistered and paid. The prices will not be honored for walk-ins
Flying Cloud Airport
10100 Flying Cloud Drive, Eden Prairie, MN 55347
Park and enter via the Air Expo parking lot and entrance. Scouts and guardians should walk along the road (blue arrows on the map) to the Wings of the North Museum and proceed to the third floor conference room for the merit badge program.
- Boy Scouts should wear their class A uniforms to the event
- We ask that youth bring a pre-filled merit badge card and the Aviation Merit Badge worksheet (Here is a LINK to the MB Workbook)
- All Scouts taking the merit badge must read the Aviation Merit Badge book prior to the Air Expo.
- Please note there is a limit of 35 Scouts each day of the event. A waitlist will be used once the limit of Scouts is reached. If you are registered and cancel your registration by Sunday, July 8 at 11:59 p.m. we will reimburse you IF someone fills your spot during the next week. If you drop after Sunday, you will not be reimbursed (but we will still try to fill the spot).
- Lunch WILL NOT be provided, but there will be concessions available on site
- We are asking each group of youth signed up to bring an adult and follow at least a 10:1 ratio
More information on the Air Expo: http://www.wotn.org/airexpo/
Questions please contact:
651-254-9124 or firstname.lastname@example.org
There is a Pancake Breakfast that begins at 7:00 am that families are more than welcome to attend prior to the Air Expo. The cost for the breakfast is $8, $5 for kids ages 7 and under.