Camp Hinds offers a beautiful setting for your OKPIK adventure. It's location on Panther Pond in Raymond, Maine is ideally suited for this exciting winter camping program. Your trip begins at our lodge, where you will spend Friday night before heading out on the trail.
OKPIK Maine offers:
- Backpacking style trail food
- Trained OKPIK guides to accompany your crew
- Hundreds of acres at and around Camp Hinds in Raymond, Maine
- Cold weather first aid and camping training
- Sleds, skies, snowshoes and other cold weather camping gear is provided
- Emergency Radio communication
- Shower facilitiy in our heated lodge
- OKPIK Trading Post
Learn to build your own quinzee or thermal shelter out of snow and natural materials. A quinzee will remain at a cozy 25 degrees even when the temperature outside is far below zero!
The orignial method of travel in the Maine woods, snow-shoeing is still a fun and efficient way to get where you need to go in the snow! Miles of scenic trails allow all abilities to enjoy Maine's beauty.
Our trail meals are designed for ease of preparation and cleanup using bckpacking stoves. An abundant variety of high calorie will keep you warm all weekend!