No Registration Needed. Want to donate? Contact the Scout office at 563.556.4343.
December 3, 2019 is Giving Tuesday, the global day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration. Observed on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday kicks off the charitable season, when many focus on their holiday and end-of-year giving.
Join us in celebrating #GivingTuesday and the true spirit of the season, by making a donation to support Scouting in our community, or by inviting your friends and family to do the same.
Through your support of Scouting this #GivingTuesday, you’re helping young people grow to become citizens who are trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent.
There are many ways that you can give to Scouting.
- Fulfill your 2019 Friends of Scouting pledge.
- Contact your Human Resources representative to see if they will match your Friends of Scouting donation.
- Check with your employer if they donate to charities that you donate your time to.
- Assemble a team to participate in a council golf fundraiser.â
Give Thanks or Kudos
- Congratulate an Eagle Scout. (http://www.scoutsiowa.org/eagle-scouts-corner/)
- Thank a leader, after all, all leaders are volunteers.
- Nominate a volunteer for an award. (https://scoutingevent.com/178-AppreciationDinner)
- Volunteer some of your time with your Den (plan a go-see, plan a meeting, run an activity at a meeting, etc.)
- Volunteer time for your Pack (plan a Pack outing, volunteer to weigh cars at Pinewood Derby, etc.)
- Volunteer time for your Troop (be part of a board of review, plan a fundraiser, etc.)
- Volunteer time for your Crew (help plan a meeting, contact new members, etc.)
- Volunteer time for the Council
- Share your love of Scouting on social media.
- Ask another family or family member to join Scouting. (http://www.scoutsiowa.org/join/)
- Post a picture of your Scouts recent Scouting adventure.