Archaeology: Uncovering the Past STEM Event
Archaeology: Uncovering the Past for Cub Scouts
Come join the Northeast Iowa's STEM Pack and Participate in Exclusive Activities
Uncovering the Past
Date: November 23
Location: Swiss Valley Nature Center
Time: 1:00 - 3:00 PM
Registration: 12:45 PM
Please Note: Scouts must come with a parent. Scout new to STEM activities must fill out a new Scout application at the event. **See STEM Pack info below
Become an Archaeologist! Activities will enable Wolves, Bears, and Webelos to fulfill some requirements for the NOVA Uncovering the Past Award, however all Cub Scouts are welcome (including Lions and Tigers). Packets will be provided to include all requirements for completing the NOVA Award, including items not covered by this event.
- Make a fossil rubbing to take home!
- Go on a fossil hunt!
- Learn what archeologists do!
- Fin out what our trash tells others about us!
- Learn about artifacts, ecofacts, and how things are preserved!
Registrations can take place online or at the Council Service Center in-person or by phone (563.556.4343).
STEM Pack Information
- The Northeast Iowa STEM Cub Scout Pack is open to all youth in Cub Scouts. Registration invites you to exclusive events facilitated by the Northeast Iowa Council STEM Committee.
- There will be approximately 6-8 events planned during the year.
- If you are already registered in another pack, no registration fee is due to register, the only fees are those associated with specific events. Participate in the ones you like.
- A new Scout application must be completed by a parent or guardian at the first event.