Cub Scout Adventure Days
Bring your Cub Pack and Webelos Dens to Camp Oakarro for a day of adventure in the outdoors.
Your Pack/Den will have exclusive use of each Adventure area for 1 1/2 hour time blocks, so please try to "fill up" the area with Scouts from your Pack.
Packs can only sign up one time for the Archery and BB Ranges, the Climbing Wall, and Canoeing.
Lunch Break will be 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm. Bring your own meals and beverages (in a cooler) to enjoy during this time.
Activity leadership and supervision will be by qualified personnel from the Northeast Illinois Council Outdoors Committees. If your scouts enjoyed a "taste" of activities like Archery, BB's, and climbing at Day Camp or Boo Camp, bring them to Camp Oakarro for more of the same.
TIME BLOCKS: 9:00 am-10:30 am, 10:30 am-12:00 pm; 1:00 pm-2:30 pm; 2:30 pm-4:00 pm
If you would like to reserve a campsite at Oakarro for the same weekend, go to CampReservation.com/129.
* Canoeing is at Van Patten Woods, so allow time to drive to and from the location, before or after other Adventures.
Information about Canoeing:
Please review the Guide to Safe Scouting - Safety Afloat for the full guidelines. Our Program Committee will have qualified supervisors who can also provide instruction.
- All Cubs can participate in the event
- An adult who is a swimmer and has basic paddling skills will ride in each canoe
- All participants will wear life preservers at all times
- Participants will remain in the general area near the boat launch
- There will be some challenges to learn and practice basic paddling skills.
I look forward to seeing you at the Cub Local Adventure Day!
|Cost per Pack - Adventure Area||Approx. Capacity per Period|
|$50 - Archery Range||50 Scouts|
|$50 - BB Range||50 Scouts|
|$50 - Climbing Wall||36 Scouts|
|$10 - Canoeing*||24 Scouts|
|$10 - Rock Throwing Range||50 Scouts|
|$10 - Fishing||24 Scouts|
|$10 - Geo Cache||24 Scouts|
|$10 - Bouldering Wall||50+ Scouts|