2021 National Youth Leadership Training
National Youth Leadership Training
Thank you for your interest in the Three Fires Council’s National Youth Leadership Training conference.
What is National Youth Leadership Training?
NYLT is the prominent weeks worth of outdoor leadership experience geared toward both present and future leaders within the troops, crews, and teams around Three Fires Council.
Participants will be engaged in hands-on training led by our Council’s finest youth staff that will cover criteria essential to leading within your unit, school, and life.
A leaders time at NYLT will reflect “one month in the life of your unit,”
as characterized by Official National BSA NYLT Course.
Leadership Skills Covered
- Communicating Well
- Finding Your Vision
- Problem Solving
- Creating a Future
- Valuing People
- Leading Yourself
- Leading & Teaching EDGE
- Developing Your Team
To be registered for the NYLT course, participants must meet all of the following qualifications:
- You must be an active member of a Scout BSA Troop or Venturing Crew.
- Must be 13 years old by August 2021
- Be able to attend the entire conference
The course will be over two weekends
August 20-22, 2021
August 27-29, 2021
- Be recommended to attend the conference by their unit leader
- Scouts must have earned First Class rank or higher.
- Because the NYLT conference is conducted entirely outdoors, in a camp setting, all participants should have experience with long-term camping.
- Completed Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops
All registrations and payment should be submitted online.
Your registration for session 1 includes session 2. You do not need to create an additional registration.
After registering, we will follow up with each Scout and unit leader with additional information about this year’s NYLT course. Please include health concerns and dietary restrictions in the registration so that we can best accommodate. Registration packets with additional information will be sent once the Scout is paid in full. See the attached brochure for more information.
Early Bird Rate Deadline is June 20, 2021 (paid in full)
Registration Deadline is August 13, 2021