TFC: 2022 Training Academy
TRAINING ACADEMY 2022
Take your unit's program to new heights!
Registration is closed. Walk Ins are welcome on Saturday, but seats are limited! Arrive early (7:30 am or later) to reserve one of the remaining spots. Also, bring your lunch and some extra spending money. We will have a Snack Shack selling drinks and snacks, but no extra lunches. Limited quantities of patches may be available for purchase.
Attend Training Academy | Top Gun: Soaring With Eagles this year. Training Academy is FREE to registered Three Fires Council leaders (who register on or before October 31st*) as part of the Program Fee. (Leaders from other Councils may register for a fee.)
From collaborative, leader-specific classes to enrichment courses, there’s something for everyone: climbing wall certification, camping, cooking, advancement, membership & recruiting, hands-on classes, marketing your unit, special needs strategies, and much, much more!
What: Adult training for all levels of Scouting (Cub Scout, Webelos, Scouts BSA, and Venturing). Take up to five classes during the day. (Some classes are longer than a single class period.)
When: Saturday, November 12, 2022
Registration 7:30 am – 8:30 am
Opening Ceremony 8:30 am – 9:00 am
Classes (five periods)* 9:10 am – 3:30 pm
Closing Ceremony 3:30 pm – 4:00 pm
* Classes. Each person who registers will be able to select five (5) class periods of training. When registering, use the five drop downs to make your selections. Make your choices beforehand by opening the Course Selection GRID link and viewing the choices for each period. Please make your selections NOW. Class grids (sorted by Scouting Level and by Subject) are located in the right-hand column of this web page. Please note that walk-in registration and course selections are based on availability, so register today for the classes you really want to take.
* Lunch. Participants may bring a lunch or choose to purchase a box lunch in advance when registering online for $10. Note that lunches are NOT available to be purchased on site. Choices are: turkey on whole wheat, roast beef & aged cheddar on crisp country loaf, or veggie (lettuce, carrots, tomato, green peppers, cucumber, black olives, & Provolone cheese) on soft tortilla wrap. Each lunch comes with whole fruit, chips, and cookie. Please indicate on the registration form if you plan to eat with a youth attending Training Academy and, if so, who.
* Patches. Training Academy Patches are available for purchase during registration. Choose between a commemorative, themed pocket patch for $5 or a Council shoulder patch (CSP) for $10; both will feature the Top Scout: Soaring With Eagles logo. Quantities are limited; order while registering. Patches will be delivered at Training Academy. Don't wait: We cannot guarantee we will have additional stock for sale at Training Academy.
Where: Sycamore High School | 427 Spartan Trail | Sycamore, Illinois
Cost: TFC-registered Leader* - free Leader From Another Council - $30
* Training is offered at no cost for TFC-registered Scouters, who register on or before October 31st, as it is part of the program fee paid at recharter. For registrations made on or after November 1st - including walk-in registrations - a $20 late fee will be charged.
Extras: * The Scout Shop will be open during lunch.
* The Vendor Midway will be open during lunch and hosts vendors with ideas, activities, and products
to enhance your unit’s program.
* Complimentary coffee, hot water for tea, and bug juice are provided throughout the day.
* A Snack Shack will offer snacks, soda, and bottled water throughout the day for purchase.
* A box lunch (optional - must be purchased during online registration) may be purchased.
(See above.) Otherwise, please plan to bring your own lunch**. Box lunches will NOT be available
for purchase at Training Academy; they must be reserved when you create your Training Academy
Questions or to volunteer: Contact Joyce Nielsen, 2022 Training Academy Chairperson, 630.234.7233 or email@example.com
* Class Period Schedule
09:10 AM - 10:00 AM: Period #1
10:10 AM - 11:00 AM: Period #2
11:10 AM - 12:00 PM: Period #3
01:30 PM - 02:20 PM: Period #4
02:30 PM - 03:20 PM: Period #5
** Please note: training is provided free as part of the program fee. Lunch is either on your own (bag lunch) or a box lunch may be purchased in advance (only) during registration. Complimentary coffee, hot water for tea, and bug juice will be provided. A Snack Shack will also be available with additional items for purchase, which will include: soda, bottled water, and snacks.
* Registrations made on or after November 1st - including walk-in registrations - will be charged a $20 fee.
Sycamore High School
8:30 AM CT to 4:00 PM CT Past