2022 National Youth Leadership Training
National Youth Leadership Training
Thank you for your interest in the Three Fires Council’s National Youth Leadership Training conference.
What is National Youth Leadership Training?
NYLT is the prominent weeks worth of outdoor leadership experience geared toward both present and future leaders within the troops, crews, and ships from around Three Fires Council.
Participants will be engaged in hands-on training led by our Council’s finest youth staff that will cover criteria essential to leading within your unit, school, and life.
NYLT is not like summer camp and is not designed for rank advancement or earning merit badges. NYLT is an intense and challenging hands-on leadership training program. It is essential that NYLT participants be physically, emotionally, and mentally prepared to handle the demands of this advanced training. In order to get the most benefit from this unique experience, participants must exhibit emotional maturity, a positive attitude, proficiency in basic camping and outdoor cooking, and have an ambition to serve in leadership roles.
A leaders time at NYLT will reflect “one month in the life of your unit,”
as characterized by Official National BSA NYLT Course.
Leadership Skills Covered
- Communicating Well
- Finding Your Vision
- Problem Solving
- Creating a Future
- Valuing People
- Leading Yourself
- Leading & Teaching EDGE
- Developing Your Team
To be registered for the NYLT course, participants must meet all of the following qualifications:
- You must be an active member of a Scout BSA Troop or Venturing Crew, or Sea Scout Ship.
- Must be 13 years old by June 12th, 2022 (start of course)
- Be able to attend the entire course from June 12th - June 18th, 2022
- Be recommended to attend the conference by their unit leader
- Scouts must have earned First Class rank or higher.
- Because the NYLT conference is conducted entirely outdoors, in a camp setting, all participants should have experience with long-term camping.
- Completed Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops
- Adherence to the Scout Oath and Law
All registrations and payment should be submitted online.
After registering, we will follow up with each Scout and unit leader with additional information about this year’s NYLT course. Please include health concerns and dietary restrictions in the registration so that we can best accommodate. Registration packets with additional information will be sent once the Scout is paid in full.
Cost: All fees include meals, program materials, two course shirts, hat, and more.
$275 if registered and paid in full prior to May 18th
$300 if registered after May 18th
Deadline to register is May 27th