2022 MBU - Instructor Registration
Welcome to the 25th Annual Merit Badge University.
It takes an army of dedicated Volunteers to make MBU a success. For over 20 years, hundreds of selfless moms, dads, business and community leaders have given back to Scouting by serving as merit badge instructors and assistant instructors. Thank YOU for being a part of our team and for helping our Eagles to soar!
Here's how this works:
1. Complete your registration. Be sure and indicate which badges you are qualified to teach.
2. If this is your first time, we'll coach you through event day procedures. We recommend that you serve as an assistant instructor your first time out. One of our volunteer coordinators will reach out, discuss where you'd like to contribute and place you in a class.
3. If you're an MBU veteran, you know the deal. We'll get back to you on pre-reqs and your equipment and av needs.
4. Once your are registered and your Youth Protection has been verified, we will send you the passcode so you can register 3 youth ahead of general registration. Details below.
5. Questions? Please email us at email@example.com. Allow 24 hours for one of our awesome volunteers to get back to you.
Your MBU All-Volunteer Team
MBU Instuctors that commit early may enroll up to 3 Scouts from their family or unit during the Early Registration period - December 1-15, 2021. You will receive a separate email with a limited time PROMO CODE shortly after you complete your registration and have been accepted onto our Staff. This code may be shared with up to 3 Scouts to allow them to register early.
Scout's Honor - please do not give your code to more than your allotted 3 Scouts. Any registrations beyond your allotment will be deleted without notice. Don't disappoint a Scout by causing his or her registration to be deleted.
- All Instructors must register online.
- An email and a mobile phone # are required so that we may communicate important information to you leading up to the event. We do not share this information and we respect your privacy.
- Registered Volunteers will receive a commemorative MBU Patch.
- Lunch is included with your registration.
- 1 parking pass per person will be emailed to you a few days prior to MBU. Park only in designated areas at the High School.
- Merit Badge Instructors and Assistant Instructors are required to have a current BSA Youth Protection Certificate. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Your Class Rosters will be e-mailed to you a few days prior to MBU. We highly recommend that you email your students with reminders about what to bring to class and of any pre-requisites you require. NOTE: Parents these days wait till the very last minute to register their Scouts. You will not have the final list of your students until the day of the event.
- One of our Merit Badge Pre-Requisite Coordinators will contact you to discuss what will be required of your students on the day of the event. Please be considerate of our requests - It is very important that we are consistent across multiple Instructors so that we don't confuse Scouts and Parents. You may not add or delete prerequisites from our approved MBU curriculum.